into to site and needing info for 12ht conversion in FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Morning All,
First I would like to thank George from Valley Hybrids for the help and support. :) I'm a second generation diesel fanatic. I have the good fortune to have a father who taught me the importance of diesel technology and I have spent most of my life building, selling, learning and modifying diesel powered vehicles. Unfortunately my father is getting old and gave me out last project to finish which is a 99k mile Brown 1984 FJ60 we owned since new. I now am installing the drive train we bought for it in the late 80's which is a 12ht with a ( I believe ) 55? trans which is a 5 speed. This will be my first Toyota in 26 years and I'm just finishing it for my kids and father. I'd love any advise about refurbishing the TLC. It's original paint is fried along with the interior from sitting in the CA desert for 18 years. No rust though!! I'm a complete diesel fan having driven every type of diesel powered vehicle in the states and over seas as well. 20 years US navy retired! I currently own a 2003 7.3 excursion, 2010 Jetta TDI and 2006 jetta TDI totally modded (it gets over 50mpg) with rocketchip and many other mods.
Anyway looking forward to chatting with all of you and thank you for the space.

Might try Pming Torfab, he's got a shop in Washington and they do a fair bit of diesel repowers and resto work to Cruisers.

I'll be following this as it's very similar to a side project of mine, doing a resto/mod to my late grampas Grand Wagoneer.

you might also post and look through the threads in the diesel section... I think I've seen some engine swap threads over there dealing with this question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom