INTI rack and CB radio installed - the rig is coming together (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The first month I swapped the TJM out and put the ARB Bull Bar on and then added the 12k winch. Last week I installed the CB in the dash and threw on an INTI rack just in time for another trip to the Everglades on Saturday. 20L fuel cans up top just to make sure we could get home. Anyone considering an INTI rack I would say go for it. Very easy to put on, very sturdy, very nicely built. I was walking around up top to tie down the fuel cans and felt like I was on solid ground. It does hurt the fuel economy a bit but oh well.
LC with ARB and INIT cropped 30.jpg
LC CB installed 30.jpg

Looks good! How hard was it to put the CB radio under there? Next mod, LED light bar on the INTI rack!!

Looks good! How hard was it to put the CB radio under there? Next mod, LED light bar on the INTI rack!!

Thanks!

Pretty easy, but I used to install stereos and amps quite a bit and it is pretty similar (fewer wires to mess with). I had to drill the mounting bracket to match up with the CB. I need to bring it out a bit though, turns out the antenna cable hits what I think is the ac duct coming across so it is a tight fit and I dont like bending/pressing into a connector. I tuned the antenna before I fully installed while I had easy access to the back of the CB.

Nice! I'm still deciding on what I want to do radio-wise. CB is nice, but I might just go get my license so I can operate on 2M.

Anyway... what is this 'gas mileage' thing you speak of? ;)

Nice! I'm still deciding on what I want to do radio-wise. CB is nice, but I might just go get my license so I can operate on 2M.

I went back and forth on that for a bit (CB vs HAM) but after asking around almost everyone I'd go wheeling with either uses CB or small handhelds so I went with the CB for the install. I am still going to get my HAM license and just plan on taking the handheld HAM with me should I need it. If I start heading out on my own I will put together a mobile HAM setup in an ammo box that I can hook to a battery, lift the antenna and be up and running but be able to use it elsewhere and not just in the truck.

bit hi jack .. how it's the dual stereo doing for ya .?

Not sure - it came with the truck, has a cool iPod hookup that also charges, and has a remote control but the speakers are so-so. I bought some kickers but have some work to do to be able to install them (too deep). The speaker design in the doors of the 80s has got to be one of the worst in the history of car audio :bang:

I am looking into some other speaker options and once I get something in I may replace the head unit to round it out if needed.

CB and 2m

You should install both!!!

Spacer

You have to put an spacer for the door speakers (6 1/2 in my case). which size of speakers are you planning to put?

Not sure - it came with the truck, has a cool iPod hookup that also charges, and has a remote control but the speakers are so-so. I bought some kickers but have some work to do to be able to install them (too deep). The speaker design in the doors of the 80s has got to be one of the worst in the history of car audio :bang:

I am looking into some other speaker options and once I get something in I may replace the head unit to round it out if needed.

Good to see the Inti and venezuelan made off road parts around the globe..

Im going to inti today to pick up our new 80, we had them make us front and rear bumpers. Also a rack for my 90.

Later

You have to put an spacer for the door speakers (6 1/2 in my case). which size of speakers are you planning to put?

I dont remember now what size they were, but I was worried even with a spacer there wouldnt be room. As it is the speaker grills almost hit the side of the dash when the doors are closed. What was Toyo thinking on this one?!?! Once I have time to mess with it I'll get it worked out - just been too distracted with ARBs, winches, INTI racks ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom