Intersting idea for traction control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Came across this version of traction control any coments on this good or bad Chime in.
Interested on what you have to say on this version of traction control.
1770459_6.jpg

thats retarded, that might MAYBE help some with wheel hop if you were sittin there spinnin your tires but its not gonna stop pinion destroying axle wrap and it will still allow wheel hop it just gonna kinda halfway dampen it.

thats a street truck for sure anyhow.

look at the 10 foot swaybar links and full stainless steel exhaust

You missed the incredibly long shackles. They must be 10" long! :eek:

That trac bar w/ shocks is worthless, as CruisinFJ60 said.

Shock absorbers smooth out travel but don't limit travel so I don't see how this setup will do much good.
This seems to be a very clean FJ62 SOA with ARB's. How about some additional info on the rig?

Don't know much on it.
This one is selling in Japan and never seen a set up like this,I know this won't help with articulation but I see lots of lifts with nothing at all to reduce the axle from turning at least this helps even if its a minor amount.
My 61 has those same c**p shackles , I just made up a set shorter barbell shackles to help iron out the bump steer.

You missed the incredibly long shackles. They must be 10" long! :eek:

That trac bar w/ shocks is worthless, as CruisinFJ60 said.

didnt miss em actually thought they were some tera flex shackles at first

Shock absorbers smooth out travel but don't limit travel so I don't see how this setup will do much good.
This seems to be a very clean FJ62 SOA with ARB's. How about some additional info on the rig?

ARB's?
i dont see any lines goin to that rear diff. on the pasenger side i see a blue axle breather tube, and a brake line.

Actually there is more merit to the shock absorbers uses as a pull typle anti-torque bar than you guys are crediting it with.

Spring wrap is in most cases a short duration thing... a good stiff shock will resist a short duration, quick movement while not causing binding of the suspension.... which far more anti-torque bars actually do than most folks realize.

The execution in this case is not very impressive :)

But a "kicker shock" is not a new concept and is not without uses.

Mark...

I still think its just dumb, tho im sure they do ok on his street machine

Actually there is more merit to the shock absorbers uses as a pull typle anti-torque bar than you guys are crediting it with.

Spring wrap is in most cases a short duration thing... a good stiff shock will resist a short duration, quick movement while not causing binding of the suspension.... which far more anti-torque bars actually do than most folks realize.

The execution in this case is not very impressive :)

But a "kicker shock" is not a new concept and is not without uses.

Mark...

Depends on the application. On the street for controling axle wrap they would probably help. But in a high traction situation, when the axle rotation can be slow, it won't do a thing..

:meh:

Thinking about this a bit if the shock has a short extension then maybe it would work Hmmm possible.
I am currious if they are mounted to articulate or are mounted static.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom