Interstate battery 27F dead (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got in the truck this morning out in my garage,hit the button and....nothing. Or almost nothing. I got dim lights on the dash and there was noise coming from the brake fluid reservoir area that sounded like something was trying to work but didn't have the power to turn on. I quickly opened up the hood and put a battery pack on the battery to get it going. The pack didn't have the juice either. Ths is after not driving it for less than 48 hours. I do leave the rear hatch open as well as all the windows overnight. Charged it up and it's ready to go again but I don't trust it now.
I bought this 27F in July. I read where these batteries weren't getting good reviews after I bought it.
Guess I'm going to return this and get a Die Hard next.

You may have just had a bad Interstate? I've had good results from them. If you buy another brand, I recommend not getting DieHard. They should be named DieEasy.

99.9% of users would be fine with the appropriate Toyota True Start battery.

The only other battery to get excited about is the OEM Panasonic which cannot be purchased in the US. Legitimately saw one being changed out on a 15 year old Alaska 4Runner last year.

IMO batteries should be replaced every 4-5 years regardless of usage and condition. Just like tires....

You may have just had a bad Interstate? I've had good results from them. If you buy another brand, I recommend not getting DieHard. They should be named DieEasy.
Hmmm a replacement would be less of a hassle.

99.9% of users would be fine with the appropriate Toyota True Start battery.

The only other battery to get excited about is the OEM Panasonic which cannot be purchased in the US. Legitimately saw one being changed out on a 15 year old Alaska 4Runner last year.

IMO batteries should be replaced every 4-5 years regardless of usage and condition. Just like tires....

I would love a Panasonic. But, I would still replace it every couple years with these power hungry trucks.

I just just replaced an interstate 27f that I bought at Costco only 7 months ago. I ended up draining the battery after leaving a dome light on overnight. As I was charging it back up I noticed it had been leaking a little fluid on the positve terminal side by the cap. The battery charged fine with the battery tender. Voltage read 12.8V. After sitting over night off the tender it dropped to 12.66v. Costco's replacement policy is great. No questions asked and replaced it with a new one.

I've had this one on a charger for a couple of hours and it's only charging to 95-97%. I'll phone the shop I bought it from and hopefully get a replacement. I can't trust this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom