International MWM Power Stroke 3.0 4 cylinder direct injected Diesel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ChuckB

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone had any experience with this motor. I have talked with Jonathon Ward(TLC4x4 in Van Nuys, CA) via email and they are going to start offering this motor in Cruisers that are smog legal in CA. I have not heard of this motor being discussed in any of the diesel conversions threads (trust me I have read all of them :flipoff2: ). Here is the link, I think this is the right motor he is referring to. Any experience good or bad?

http://www.nav-international.com.br/Motores.asp?Idioma=2&Id=59

Engine Model
Power Stroke 3.0E
Configuration 4 in line

Displacement 3,0 liters

Valves / cylinder 4

Aspiration Turbochargecooled

Combustion system Direct Injection

Injection system Common Rail Piezo electronic

Power output 163 hp ( 121 kW) @ 3800 rpm

Peak torque 38,7 kgf.m (380 Nm) @ 1600-2200 rpm

Dry weight 200 kg

Emissions EURO III

Last edited:
Tapage said:
is the same engine ( I thought ) that comes here in Ford Ranger Pic up ..

You bastages.... but it's still a Ford.

Looks awesome, wonder what the fuel economy would be.....

B

Yep, those turbo diesel Ford Rangers are here in Guatemala too! Along with diesel compact Blazers and most any other truck you can think of with diesel including 'Cruisers of course.

I forgot to ask about transmissions, I'm assuming that it will atleast be either an h55f or nv4500, there is no way I would get one with an auto. Knowing TLC they I'm sure they won't allow this to happen with out a manual you just might have to have $$$. They are claiming 30mpg in a FJ40 atleast. But if its 25+mpg its all the same to me. The only thing that has me a little worried (beside the $$$) is the electronic injection... Cruiser_guy any insight on how reliable this motor is the in the ranger or blazer? It also looks like the put them in an Xterra in some markets.

Its a modernised version of a Landrover diesel:D

roscoFJ73 said:
Its a modernised version of a Landrover diesel:D

Say it ain't so!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom