international chat/trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Josie'sLandCruiser

Stop calling it a "FJ."
Threads
Hi All:

Wayne, what is with this thread title - "International Trip/Chat"? Do you consider any trip outside of Alberta to be an international trip?? ;)

I'll miss seeing you at Land Cruiser Days! Have a safe drive!

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

LOL!!
not at all, internationa was refering to this list.
chat was refering to no tech in here.
trip is obvious...

yah, the descision was made by Berni. she has never driven from Calgary east to the great lakes and since she works hard at her job and since her job doesn;t give the freedom to come and og as she pleases and since i do not have a real job which now means i can basicly go where ever and when ever i like it is only fair that i head in the oposite direction.

i will meet up with yah boys at other occasions.

for me the biggest let down was not being able to have the PZJ75 ready in time.
cheers

we will be flying out there for a weekend in Sept and will get together then.
sorry Stoney, i'll make it up to yah...
cheers

i was too busy to do a search and the name of your outfit has slipped my mind...
i doubt we will make it that far east, we are palnning on a day at Wonderland but i think that is as far as we will make it...
thanks for the invite though.
cheers

if you happen to take a *really* wrong turn along the way and end up in Costa Rica, bbq is on me. :)

that is a trip that i should plan for, the wife would love a drive down there...
let's see, a year of holidays...
might be better if we flew...
don't be surprised if i take you up on that invite...
cheers

sandcruiser said:
if you happen to take a *really* wrong turn along the way and end up in Costa Rica, bbq is on me. :)

or end in Panamá .. mud wheeling guaranteed .. :D

Josie'sLandCruiser said:
Wayne, what is with this thread title - "International Trip/Chat"? Do you consider any trip outside of Alberta to be an international trip??

Ummm... Anything outside of Alberta is international, isn't it??? LOL

Gee, we wouldn't have any politicians to badmouth. Well, except maybe for Ralphie. If he would pull himself away from the bar long enough, that is.

-Kevin

Hey Wayne, Wonderland is 7 minutes from my place. I just finished the spring over with new stock replacement springs on my HJ60. Gonna reconnect the sway bar and paint it Monday. Give me a shout , ill PM you with my #. I could gather up all the cruiser heads for a meeting at my shop.

Paul

Paul
that sounds like a great idea.

so plans change again, no driving down since the 81 that we were going to drive sold last friday.

poor Berni, she gets plans changed on her again and again...
i highly doubt i would ever find such a supportive wife again... she is great.
see some of you in Ontario.
cheers

crushers said:
so plans change again, no driving down since the 81 that we were going to drive sold last friday.cheers

Does that mean you have time for both Cruizer Daze and Ontario now?

:D

gb

cheers guys, i am out of here.

as it turns out it is a good thing i am heading down home since Dad is very sick. i guess Berni and i get to play doctor while we are there.

hope to hook up with yah Beast, probably mid next week if all goes well, i'll call.

don't everyone sell their imports while i am gone.

cheers

well, the trip East was excellent.

never did get to visiting any cruiserheads on the list. met up with Mike Gozzard when i grabbed the LJ71 and the Mits Jeep from him and i did meet a cruiser horder down there that lived just minutes from Dad's.

the weather was fantastic, 35C one day and most of the rest was 25C and above which is great for drivng topless to the beach and swiming, sun bakeing and bikini watching. lots of scenery on the beach.

we went shopping for land while were there to build a shop for Luxury's eastern branch and the prices have skyrocketed and are destined to go even higher.

we rented a Gand Am... how dso people drive those things? it was so uncomfortable that we grabbed the LJ71 so we could have acomfortable ride the very first day. $800 for a car that just sat there for 2 weeks, won't be doing that again.

i was concerned how the LJ71 would perform down in Ontario. the little rig runs great here in Alberta and it was a total pleasure to drive down there with a 90k/h speed limit (okay it is 80k/h but the cops don't hassle till over 90k/h) the engien was just puring the whole time. i did notice the fuel economy was poorer in Ontario than it is here. there is much more stop and go even in the sticks. we averaged 28 mpg for the 2 tanks fo fuel we went through. it just loved the roads there, i never had a concern with passing on the 2 lane roads even when passing farmers with wagons of hay (talk about a huge blind spot moving s l o w l y...

the coils absorbed the rougher gravel roads excellently. (the worst road in the sticks is still better than our best road here in Alberta). i know i will be leaving a LJ71 at Dad's for our yearly visits. especially with fuel over a buck there. one station was selling their fuel at $1.14... diesel just makes too much sense.

the wife and i headed down white and man does she have a nice tan...

cheers

wayne,
sorry i found out about your trip up here too late. i would of gotten sly(89bj75) and me(00hzj79 with no wheels) to greet you and berni. but then again, i was above my ears on my crapped out weeping bed :crybaby: . i sure hope you've enjoyed ontario and do come back soon. :beer:
ivanhoe

there are a couple things iu love about Alberta, wheeling and the weather. the wheeling is all but over for me as of next may when the east slope of the rockies gets closed down and this year the weather has sucked here.

the things i love about Ontario. i grew up there. i love having actual 4 seasons. the people where i grew up a really friendly. the trees are huge. the lakes actually get warm enough to swim in with no wet suit (which i really look terrible in). the small towns and villages are cosy and friendly.

things i do not like about Ontario:
no real wheeling
PST
fuel prices
lack of work in my home area

but i will be back more often if we get the shop opened up.

i have quite a few relatives in North Bay. i have heard it is very pretty there although i have never been.

cheers

I agree, with you Wayne. Things I like about BC are the same, I wanna move there to get away from all the police bother me about riding my 4 wheeler on back roads to get to the trails. BChas endless amounts of logging roads that make for one great time, anytime!!!

Eric Winkworth said:
BChas endless amounts of logging roads that make for one great time, anytime!!!

Except, you must mean, at break up when all the tanker trucks are stuck belly deep in slick muck on a road wide enough for a unicycle. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom