Internal vent tubes inside of fuel tank... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anybody seen a pic of the tubing layout inside of the fuel tank? Having the tank cleaned out and the guy says all of the tubing along the inside top of the tank is corroded. I would think any tank that old would have issues with condensation along the top and corrosion. Trying to see the layout to see if I can still just connect vent hoses...

Attachment problems.

IMG_1328.JPG

Thanks. Based off that it looks like they just vent the corners. I think I'll tell him to just fix it without.

Correct. My understanding of the vent system is that there is a line at each corner which runs to the plastic accumulator in the right rear quarter panel. This allows air to move out of (or into) a corner when the fuel moves from incline or sloshing. Vapor, droplets, or condensate can run back into the tank via a 5th line.

Not sure. I can't imagine any original tank would still have it. A vent line is hooked up to a canister to remove vapors. From this pic online you can see the rear left lines go to the fill tube for overfill and/or venting while filling. It's the front left lines that have the corroded lines inside. The radiator/tank repair place said the inside they got clean but the interior vent lines are completely corroded and they will not replace.
I need to study it more but I don't want a new tank. They can clean and seal for $175 but they won't warranty since the lines are corroded.
uploadfromtaptalk1434921875877-jpg.1096226

Last edited:
Found this.
This is a general diagram. It's looks like as long as the vapor separator has a vacuum from the canister it should work.
opinions?
charcoal-canister-2-jpg.29333

1569329148854-png.2090390

What is all the extra fuel line right in front of the tank before it heads up to the engine for?

1601061940561.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom