Intermittent SRS Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there,

Little frustrated at my 97 80 Series air bag light. I have read most the threads and have not seen what I am experience, does not mean there is not a existing thread, I have just not found it.

Light came on a couple weeks ago while remounting winch that had come back from repair. I chalked it up to low voltage issue. Was able to reset the light based on thread on this form. Light came back on within days. I reset again and it lasted a day. This time I tried checking the connections to the seat sensors. I unplugged passenger side and light reset itself, stayed off for 2 trips to the store. Here it gets weird; left it in the driveway after light came on, went out to troubleshoot this morning and light is off.Couple of questions;

1) Is it normal for the light to reset if the circuit is interrupted, such as when I unplugged the seat sensor?

2) What is normal light operation when turning the key? I have seen a solid light for 5 seconds ofr so then off. I have also seen flashing for 5 seconds then off.

Thanks in advance for the assist.

Yes I have a sunroof and it did short out the very hard to find, expensive, HVAC control board which I replaced. I don't know of anything in the kick panel associated with the SRS system do you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom