Intermittent dash water light goes on and off ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a new radiator on my lx450, and the engine temp stays at exactly half way and has toyota "Red" coolant in it , yet the water light goes on and off periodically ? Any ideas ? Thanks in advance !

I did a search first , btw , to no avail here before posing the question ...

Which one's the "water light" on the dash? Pic? Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

it looks like a water pitcher and has horizontal lines above the pitcher.... no pic , and ofcourse just tried it and it won't go on ... murphys law ... ha

Oil level light... ha?

ah well there you have it ! lol ... so it doesn't leak ... it must be burning it ...

actually now that I look at it when I crank it ... its a pitcher , with a drop below it and 3 squiggly lines below the pitcher ...

ah well there you have it ! lol ... so it doesn't leak ... it must be burning it ...

It may just be 'sticking'. Mine does that from time to time. I guess I need to pull it and clean it up. Usually, I just jerk the steering wheel (low speed) one direction to make the vehicle yaw....the oil splash in the oil pan will reset the sensor (its on an arm).

IF you know your oil level is good (check on level ground with oil dipstick), then just ignore it .....or pull it and clean it.

IF your oil is actually low, then you know what to do, right? ;)

it started coming on after my trail ride this weekend ...and after I saw the bear...

Trail%2096%205_zps4glglsu3.jpg

Trail%2096%206%20-%20bear_zpsc4jvei4p.jpg

Trail%2096%202_zpsbg0091f6.jpg

it started coming on after my trail ride this weekend ...and after I saw the bear...

Trail%2096%205_zps4glglsu3.jpg

Trail%2096%206%20-%20bear_zpsc4jvei4p.jpg

Trail%2096%202_zpsbg0091f6.jpg

Pretty sure we can't blame it on the bear. Nice color phase though.

It may just be 'sticking'. Mine does that from time to time. I guess I need to pull it and clean it up. Usually, I just jerk the steering wheel (low speed) one direction to make the vehicle yaw....the oil splash in the oil pan will reset the sensor (its on an arm).

IF you know your oil level is good (check on level ground with oil dipstick), then just ignore it .....or pull it and clean it.

IF your oil is actually low, then you know what to do, right? ;)

pull what and clean it ? oil sensor ? where would that be ?

Do a search for "burp" or "burping the radiator" or I have air in my cooling system and it's not working right what do I do?"

never mind..... new posts since I started typing.

yep its low on oil ... doh !

That light comes on when the oil is a quart low ;)

and it was a quart low ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom