Intermittent CEL 25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm getting CEL 25 that seems to pop up while idling, but then goes off after driving for a while. I've read can be anything from O2 sensor to a valve going whacky, but of course, I wanted to check here before I go throwing money at it. Anyone have the down and dirty, quick and easy? Shot in the dark, I know...I need the vector, Victor.

Search and/or download the FSM to review how to test each o2. All you need is a cheapo multimeter.

That a consistent lean mix code I would suggest checking the easy stuff like the intake hose after the AFM to the throttle body and vacuum lines as a solid starting point

So, everything checks out according to tests in the FSM. I am noticing what sounds like an exhaust leak now which has gotten louder over the past weeks, especially with PS window down more now that weather is cooling off. Hard to tell at idle, but sounds like it might be right at the cat where the O2 sensors are. Maybe an obvious question, but I would assume this could be my culprit?

So, everything checks out according to tests in the FSM. I am noticing what sounds like an exhaust leak now which has gotten louder over the past weeks, especially with PS window down more now that weather is cooling off. Hard to tell at idle, but sounds like it might be right at the cat where the O2 sensors are. Maybe an obvious question, but I would assume this could be my culprit?
Yes, this was the casue of my 25/26 problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom