Intermittent CEL 12, 25,26, after encounter with large puddle solved? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1994 Landcruiser
recent tuneup at 145k, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, NTK O2 sensors.

Like the title states, I drove (94 FZJ80 US Spec) through a large puddle (blind turn, oncoming traffic a ton of snow melt) a week or so ago which made a spectacular splash but the truck started running rough later in the day. It ran similar to when I had moisture in the O2 sensor connectors. I pulled the connectors apart and spray the plugs with CRC wire dry. Ran great for a day then started with a rough idle and loss of power below 2500 rpm or so. Sprayed the O2 connectors again and filled with dielectric grease (after reading multiple threads on here whether to do it or not) and no difference. I searched for code 12 and that lead me to look into the distributor. Pulled the 4 wire connector (wires look clean, no visible damage to casing), sprayed it with the CRC, let it dry and plugged it back in. After a little bit of rough running, all good now.

My question is, during my digging around on here, it seems like there are a lot of potential issues stemming from the distributor (ignitor and other things). Are the CEL codes a precursor of things to come or most likely just a result of water where it doesn't belong d/t shrunken rubber seals?

Trying to be proactive on keeping my Cruiser cruising. Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom