Intermittent Blinking Tail Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
C83F2345-7931-4794-AA58-0F1040099535.jpeg

Driving behind my 2006 LX today I noticed the inside tail lights on the hatch were flashing, almost like a loose wire or something. After a brief drive they stopped blinking and stayed on. Why would these blink/short out and not the outside tail lights too? If I wasn’t driving behind the truck I would have never known this was happening as there wasn’t any indicator lights that came on in the truck.

I keep my sunroof ports clear, truck parks inside and rarely gets wet, I just replaced my Park/neutral position switch. Just some things that could maybe cause the blinking that I think I have remedied.

Any suggestions on simple things to check?

Wires that go from third row cabin to lower tailgate they get stretch and sometimes exposed and cause problems like this. Check those wires carefully and if it's covered in heat insulator tube or electrical tape you may need to remove it to inspect wires.

Could be this, I just fixed three broken wires at my lower tailgate hinge which caused my reverse lights to be out. If anything is partially exposed and touching each other or grounding out, could definitely cause that flickering:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom