Intermitent 4WD dash light '89 FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey fellow mudders,
So, I have not really had a good chance to use the 4WD on my newly acquired FJ62. It's a DD and I don't live in Oregon or Montana or Colorado or any other "cool" state.

Anyways, when I bought my truck, it had an off brand VCV scabbed on. I bought the mini truck VCV and installed it. The front drive shaft engages and disengages as it should. My only hang up is the 4WD green light on the dash is intermittent. I have the FSM and I plan on going under soon to investigate the connection of the switch wires. I was also wondering if these switches on trucks that are not put in 4WD often can get corroded or gummed up and need to be pulled and the contacts cleaned.

I shot a quick you tube video of it flashing on and off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUfI9hLuy-s

I am really just wondering if this is common, not common, possibly an easy fix or if it is spelling out big problems with the transfer case (I hope the latter is not the case)

I really just want some one with this problem to commiserate with me and shed some light on how they fixed it.

So let me know what you'll think.

I thought a video for sure would elicit some type of helpful comment. Apparently I am the only one who has even had this issue.

Certainly looks like a loose wire/connection to me. I would be surprised if there was anything mechanically wrong anywhere. I have not seen that problem before.

Thanks guys. I'll get down there with the FSM and try to figure out which one is the connection.

I am pretty sure I just have a connection issue with the bulb or wires to the light. If I tap on the dash around the light it will come back on. Last weekend I was on some forest service roads and it was flashing on and off as I was bouncing around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom