Interior Wear Repairs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm new here, just bought a 1999 100-series with 284,000 miles. My first Land Cruiser. The exterior is in great condition with zero rust. Interior is decent, but could use some work. Anybody have experience replacing the wood trim accents in the center stack and instrument control area as well as on the door handles where the power window controls are?

Also would like to eventually replace the power window controls on the driver door. Thanks!

There are kits available on Ebay, Amazon, search around here and you can see what people have done for replacements. Personally, I would remove all of it (heat on for 15 min on a hot day, it all peels right off, no residue either). Looks great without.

Trunk Monkey, thanks a lot! I agree that it would probably look better to just remove it. So on a hot day, I should start the car and turn the heat on high for 15 minutes? I didn't realize it was just something that was stuck on there...shows how new I am to this! :cool:

This is what it looks like now...

IMG_1219.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

IMG_1221.JPG

I just did the trim removal a few weeks ago, everything but the center dash - closed up car in hot sun and it peeled right off for the most part. Any residual adhesive was able to take off with a glob of the adhesive itself. Looks SOOOOO much better!

That stuff comes off super quick. I've owned 3 100's and they all came with the fancy wood nonsense. its the first ''mod'' i do haha. a hot day and a plastic kitchen spatula is all you need. free interior updgrade.

There are kits available on Ebay, Amazon, search around here and you can see what people have done for replacements. Personally, I would remove all of it (heat on for 15 min on a hot day, it all peels right off, no residue either). Looks great without.
X3

Some pics of without the wood trim would be great! I just wanted to get an overall look and feel before deciding to remove mine as well..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom