Interior Tire Carrier by BellFabrications (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got my interior tire carrier from BellFabrications. I was on the fence if I wanted swingouts but for now I want to travel light so I opted for an interior tire carrier. I've searched everywhere but most were discontinued until I saw BellFab's on Toyota 80 Series FB page.

20220802_184021.jpg

20220802_183744.jpg

20220802_183820.jpg

FB_IMG_1659498503981.jpg

Does it require drilling new holes or uses existing mounting points?
It requires drilling on the 3rd foot. The first 2 you will use the 3rd row mounting points. I havent drilled the 3rd foot at as its already sturdy on my 33 wheels.

20220802_183935.jpg

Yeah, I'd be pretty leary of potential rust issues drilling into my 80, too. Rolling the dice doing so for a rollcage on my YJ was nerve-wracking enough since we use alot of salt and brine here in the winters. Looks like a good solution for keeping the weight down vs a bumper with spare tire carrier.

It requires drilling on the 3rd foot. The first 2 you will use the 3rd row mounting points. I havent drilled the 3rd foot at as its already sturdy on my 33 wheels.

View attachment 3076952

@LLCoolJQ any thoughts on the Bellfab tire carrier now that you have had it for a while?

I’m trying to decide if I want the Bellfab carrier or the Ozark OL Interior tire carrier - https://ozarkoverlandoutfitters.com/shop/ols/products/interior-tire-carrier

Did you ever drill the holes for the third foot?

Are you happy with the location and the sturdiness of it?

I took it off as I decided to have a drawer system. Never drilled 3rd foot still sturdy on 33s. im selling it and got a rear tire carrier instead

@LLCoolJQ any thoughts on the Bellfab tire carrier now that you have had it for a while?

I’m trying to decide if I want the Bellfab carrier or the Ozark OL Interior tire carrier - https://ozarkoverlandoutfitters.com/shop/ols/products/interior-tire-carrier

Did you ever drill the holes for the third foot?

Are you happy with the location and the sturdiness of it?
we have one in Julia's 80 (the Brick) - I think it is an early one, going by memory - it's pretty good, I'd buy another - and I prefer it to the basket style. We strap a folding table to the tire when we load up, and we can stuff a bunch of gear between the quarter panel (folding chairs, etc.) The tire is completely out of the rearview mirror, which is nice as well. I did a couple of minor hacks to ours to make it just a bit better, but as I said, I'd buy it again.

Yeah @LLCoolJQ I’d probably take it off your hands since you’re selling it. Let me know what you’re thinking. Thanks.

I really like mine. I ziptied some small quick fist mounts to it and it's holding an element extinguisher now.
View attachment 3239280
Would have been nice if they utilized the two bolts that hold the tie down hook in the picture instead of drilling new holes.
Otherwise it’s looks like pure beef.

hahaha - like you're scared to drill holes! ;)
Actually everything that's mounted inside I have used OEM mounting points including the tire cage that utilize those exact bolts ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom