Interior/ seat cover colors for 1965 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all-I'm looking for the correct seat cover color for a white 1965 FJ40 .

According to the Cool Cruisers webpage, this should be a Lily White: Cruiser Color Codes

I had thought the mid 1960s white Cruisers usually came with the red/corral interior, but looking closer at the few remaining remnants of fabric left on my drivers seat, it appears to be a lime greenish:

Any links or insight is appreciated! (Yes, I searched. Three hours later...)

IMG_0295[1].JPG

Thanks, both good to know.
Although i must admit, I am relieved that the avacado-colored interior fabric was not original.

I think the greenish color is the inside of the fabric, not the outside. plus weather and time take a toll on colors.

After disassembling the drivers seat I did find a few intact remnants of coral fabric that had been protected from light and weather. The pics I had seen of it on IH8mud and the intenet don't do justice for how bright of a color it is....

But, all aspirations of redoing these seats disappeared when I disassembled the passenger seat: Although not a matched pair to my drivers side seat that was i the truck when I purchased it, it too had the coral seat cover material. Unfortunately, the fabric was the only thing holding the seat together as all of the springs and structural supports were completely rusted out. Arg.

IMG_0304[1].JPG

IMG_0305[1].JPG

Last edited:
Did the seats have foam or horse hair for stuffing? My 65 fj40 has horse hair (or some sorta hair ) for stuffing, not sure original or not

Yep something like horsehair is stock. My upholstery guy said it was coconut fiber? Anyway, he replaced it with coconut fiber and it looked the same.

I bet that is what it is, would never have thought of that, good and interesting info ;)

Yep something like horsehair is stock. My upholstery guy said it was coconut fiber? Anyway, he replaced it with coconut fiber and it looked the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom