Interior Rust/Painting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My interior floor has a bit of surface rust and lost paint so the first thing I'm planning on doing is fixing that. What's a good paint that looks nice on the interior? Someone suggested monstaliner bed liner, or should I just primer & paint? Throw down a layer of rustoleum first? Undercoating for noise? I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find a good thread answering this. Thanks

My interior floor has a bit of surface rust and lost paint so the first thing I'm planning on doing is fixing that. What's a good paint that looks nice on the interior? Someone suggested monstaliner bed liner, or should I just primer & paint? Throw down a layer of rustoleum first? Undercoating for noise? I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find a good thread answering this. Thanks
Por 15 is a good rust prevention, especially in Alaska. Carquest normally has it up here. Can be painted over with a top coat.

Por 15 is a good rust prevention, especially in Alaska. Carquest normally has it up here. Can be painted over with a top coat.
The undercoating, or the primer? Or the rust remover stuff? Sorry for the stupidity lol, this is just the first project I've gotten that I really want to do properly

The undercoating, or the primer? Or the rust remover stuff? Sorry for the stupidity lol, this is just the first project I've gotten that I really want to do properly
I've used primarily this stuff for rust protection up here, after a decade it's still rock solid on my 1956 Chevy frame, floor and underside.

The primer is a pretty decent filler primer, but not as much as PPG K38 IMO (if you need a pointer on primer.)

Haven't used the POR15 rubberized undercoating, usually stick with 3M brand on that.

If you have rust, I'd wire wheel or grind it out, if you don't need panel replacement, use the rust prevention below as it's high zinc and rock hard. Although I wouldn't use this everywhere, primary spots like frames, underside of body, and high traffic foot areas.

Screenshot_20230514_203023_Firefox.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom