interior noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, please help if this applies to your experience... we have a "91 with a noise coming from around the front of the dash somewhere that sounds like a plastic buzz that comes on at about 2,000 rpms. It is not, I think, engine related, and somewhere in the left fron of the dash...
Please, please. please,,, it is driving us nuts... does anyone have a solution.
thanks...!

bug,

Welcome to the list. Please take this for the helpful input it's meant to be. This is about as uninformative a description of the noise as possible. Then you contradict yourself to confuse things yet more by saying it happens at "2000" rpms but is "not" engine related. If it is rpm related, by definition it is engine related vs speed related or road related. Help? Also, what's the "front" of the dash? Is it the face (rearward facing surface), or do you mean literally the forward portion closer to the engine/firewall. Does it happen at 2000 rpm in neutral, or just while driving at 2000 rpm? Does it go away at 2001 rpms and above, or stay until redline? Etc. I think you get my point. Thanks.

DougM

Thanks for the imput!
The front means, in front of your face when you are driving the vehicle. Noise is left front, drivers's side, somewhere in the dash. Noise itself seems to be speed related as it fades at stop but does not seem to be necessarilly rpm related either. It does sound like a harmonic plastic buzz that is particularly annoying. Any help is truly appreciated. I have done almost all except disassemble the entire front dash!

When I got a harmonic buzzing in my dash on both my Cherokee and Tacoma it was related to drive line vibration. You don't happen to have a lift now do you? You also might want to check to see if the tires aren't out of balance or have strange wear. I have a feeling that the dash isn't your problem.

I had, from what you describe, the exact same problem. It was intermitent at first then got more constant. It turned out to be the sealant used in the windsheild gasket. It started to fail and "FLAP" in the breeze. It seemed to be rpm dependant but that was only because of the speed I was driving. Fortunately I developed a crack in my windsheild and it was repaired then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom