Interior Noise & KO2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update. 40,075 miles. Same Apple Watch series 4. Same tires (Stock sized KO2). 82 mph on highway this morning. Pretty much same noise level as before.

I am pretty impress with KO2 quietness on highway so far, even this late in life.

View attachment 3026809

My findings are the same. Love the KO2's.

Update today 1/4/23. 45,005 miles. Same road. Similar wind conditions. 82 mph. New Apple Watch Ultra. Pretty same noise level since new for the KO2.

I also attached a pic of the tread of KO2 at 45k miles. Pretty good i think.

8037EACB-3C09-48EC-B41A-940188C432B5.jpeg

B66B31F9-D6E4-4E93-84C5-99646F27E8D3.jpeg

Update today 1/4/23. 45,005 miles. Same road. Similar wind conditions. 82 mph. New Apple Watch Ultra. Pretty same noise level since new for the KO2.

I also attached a pic of the tread of KO2 at 45k miles. Pretty good i think.

View attachment 3209952

View attachment 3209953

I am at 55K miles on my set of KO2's with rotations every 5K miles and I am still at 10/32" tread depth.

I am at 55K miles on my set of KO2's with rotations every 5K miles and I am still at 10/32" tread depth.
Same here…my dealer gave me free tire rotation (and other free stuff)…so, i rotate every 5k miles.
I wonder if that is why some folks say that KO2s are noisy…maybe they don’t rotate often enough?? My KO2s even after 45k miles are quiet.

Same here…my dealer gave me free tire rotation (and other free stuff)…so, i rotate every 5k miles.
I wonder if that is why some folks say that KO2s are noisy…maybe they don’t rotate often enough?? My KO2s even after 45k miles are quiet.

If you rotate them every 5K miles and have them properly balanced (I have them check them every rotation) then they stay relatively quiet for their lifespan. They do increase in noise level some as they age but I bet that has more to do with the degradation of the rubber compound than anything. My sister got 82K miles out of a set of KO2's on her Lincoln Navigator and 50-60K miles is pretty standard outside of hard use on HD trucks.

Wow, you folks that get 50,000+ miles out of a set of KO2 are lucky! Here in Lake Arrowhead, driving down and back up the hill to San Bernardino, you are lucky to get 25,000 miles out of a set. Mountain living for ya.

I have bfg’s with 40k miles on them. They are noticeably louder, and sing on the highway. Wear has been very even and I do a 5 tire rotation every 5k miles. I love the way they look.
I’m going to look hard at defenders or the michelin at. My wife has the Michelin at’s and they are wearing like iron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom