Interior Lighting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
80 series 1997

Seems really dim in the cabin in this vehicle. Does the forward most dome light just have an on/off setting or is there a "door open" setting I'm missing? The 2nd row definitely has a "door open" option.

Also, the "gear shifter", does it have lighting in it so you can see what gear you're in or do you just have to look at the instrument cluster only for that?

Much thanks

I haven't found anything other than on/off for the map lights.

I put Toribio 31mm LED bulbs in the 2nd and 3rd row dome lights. Huge difference in light. About $5 on Amazon and 5 minutes to install.

There is a light for the gear shifter. I have to smack the housing once in a while to get it to come on. But you can get in there to put regular or LED bulbs in if burnt out.

Lots of info and threads on the different light fixes / options.

Get one of these from @Gun Runner 5 and you’ll have plenty of light up front. The map light doesn’t have a door switch.

And there is a bulb under the shifter that should light up the PRN2L

Get one of these from @Gun Runner 5 and you’ll have plenty of light up front. The map light doesn’t have a door switch.

And there is a bulb under the shifter that should light up the PRN2L
Odd Iron has plenty in stock. :)

i had previously replaced my oem map light w/ a superbrightleds. certainly an improvement, but i just replaced that bulb w/ the 'panel-type' led from odd iron. wow!

thanks to the posters above for pointing me in that direction.

80 series 1997

Seems really dim in the cabin in this vehicle. Does the forward most dome light just have an on/off setting or is there a "door open" setting I'm missing? The 2nd row definitely has a "door open" option.

Also, the "gear shifter", does it have lighting in it so you can see what gear you're in or do you just have to look at the instrument cluster only for that?

Much thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom