Hey all, looking for some advice on an interior lighting issue. My 2004 has been running great, but we noticed that the overhead lights do not turn on when a door is opened (this has been an issue since I bought the truck in January).
- I've checked the fuse in the passenger's footwell and it was not blown
- All of the over head lights work properly if you manually turn them on (like the map lights over the driver and passenger area), and the light over the third row, but when the light is set to the "door" position it does not turn on when the door is opened.
- There are small LED's under the dash, that *do* turn on when the doors are open
- Also the light below the arm rest on each door *does* turn on the door is opened
- I suspect that my issue may be with the aftermarket DVD player mounted on the ceiling between the first and second rows, I assume it was a place where the stock dome light resided. It also has a "off-door-on" switch, it will turn on when in the "on" position, but does not turn on when a door is opened and switch in the "door" position.