Interior Light Master Switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FinallyGotOne!

SILVER Star
Threads
Dare I say I miss certain aspects of my K-BLazer? One of the features it had that the LX doesn't was a master switch that would allow you to turn all interior lights off. This was very useful when leaving the tailgate open for an extended period of time.

Anyone know of a common point in the wiring harness where I could insert a switch and control all lights at once?

If the answer is no, I may take on the task and do some research once I buy the schematic for the wiring harness. I assume it is available via the TIS.

Thanks!

That's funny my K5 did that too, but the switch for the lights would fall out if you twisted it ,the lights inside of the cab shorted out, and the tailgate nearly fell off one day. Oh did I mention the leaking gasket between the fiberglass and the roof and the way it pulled to the right when you stepped on the brakes? Strangely, I miss mine too sometimes.

No I really don't.

Good luck on the idea though.

Scott

Alright Scott, since you called me on it: I failed to mention that on my '93 K-Blazer I replaced the water pump three times, the radiator FIVE times, the engine once, the brake calipers twice, the rotors three times, the ABS control unit once, the windshield wiper motor once, the cruise control mechanism once, the turn signal/cruise control switch once, the dash lights were burning out, the blower didn't work without a swift kick if the temp was over 90 degrees and the passenger seat only moved when it felt like it. But I guess that isn't too bad for a truck that had 132K miles on it. NOT!!!

Thanks for reminding me why I chose this username!

Good idea! However, you can also change all your interior lights to LED's and not have to worry about whether the lights are left on or not.

Hoser, I didn't know about that. LED replacements interior lights? Certainly sounds simpler. Is that a one-for-one swap or does it require modification to the socket and/or light assembly?

FinallyGotOne!
You know I'm just giving you a hard time. My K5 was a 91 and as much as I wanted to make it a hobby for offroad, I was sick of the GM mechanic role that my life was taking just to get it to start. Anyway glad we made it!

Scott

FinallyGotOne! said:
Hoser, I didn't know about that. LED replacements interior lights? Certainly sounds simpler. Is that a one-for-one swap or does it require modification to the socket and/or light assembly?
LED replacements is a popular mod among the 80's crowd. I have not even popped off any of my interior lights to see what it requires but I plan to. George Scolaro has a great site and sells most of what you need to "convert" all your lights. Some are drop in and other lights might require a driver board.

Here's George's website:
http://www.taskled.com/

In this link, Raventai calculated that it would take over a week to drain his Optima battery using the LEDs:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=20876

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom