Interior light issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

b16

Threads
Got a weird issue that only started recently seemingly out of nowhere.

Driver side rear door and rear hatch no longer turn on the interior light in the back. Only the passenger rear turns on the light. Additionally the dash light for the open door also does not illuminate on these 2 doors being open, but does on the passenger rear. Courtesy light in the drivers side rear also does not come on, but passenger does. Tested the switch in the drivers side rear and it is operating properly. Where else can I look?

Also unrelated, maybe related? the door locks do not lock/unlock for the rear hatch. Sometimes I can get it to work if I unplug and replug in the locking mechanism inside the hatch. However this doesn't seem to work anymore. :(

Except for the hatch lock, I have the same problem.
I traced it down to the harness that runs down the left side of the rig with a multimeter and a couple of long probes.
As yours is also the rear hatch being intermittent, take a look at the harness plugs in the rear quarter panel.
Exercise them & give them a shot of contact cleaner. It might just be corrosion on the harness plug.
Do you have the wiring diagram book? It will tell you which plug to play with.

• Love
Reactions: b16
Thank you! Will check that out, that area has had a bit of activity so that is possible. No wiring diagram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom