Interior help for my 1986 4runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I recently bought a 1986 4runner. Still all original both inside and out. The interior needs some help. Was thinking of using diamond plate for the doors and the side walls. Not sure if it will be tough enough for the doors though. And probably line x the floors. Please any ideas and pics would be a great help. Also this is going to be a daily driver and a weekend play toy.
Will try to post pic later having trouble at the moment.
Thanks

If you are talking about aluminum diamond plate, it is pretty strong. I'm not sure how much you are going to like it in the summer time or sunny days. Everybody's taste are different. My buddies Samurai had the door panels and rear section done like you described. .02

Thanks for the pointer on the hot as metal. It gets hot as hell in Alabama I just want something that is original and will hold up. May line X diamond plate to keep from getting so hot. Not sure yet but I want it done right the first time

Last edited:
My new project

image-652174297.jpg

Not sure if it will be tough enough for the doors though.
Thanks

Cetainly it will be tougher than OEM masonite wraped in vinyl. I've seen dimaond plate used as you describe...Line Xing it would be cool.

I've seen others make them out of masonite wraped in vinyl...cheap and easy, just need to take the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom