Interior Fans? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have any tips on high-quality interior fans? I've seen photos of small (REALLY small) fans mounted at the roofline and wired in on the Expeditions 7 vehicles, but didn't track them down at the time and now the photos seem to be gone...

Last edited:
Quality may vary, but easy solution is the additional PC chassis fans. They come in variable speeds, 12v ready and multiple sizes.

In setting up campers and sailboats with permanent mount fans I've had good luck with both Caframo fans as well as a variety of PC fans. You can get low amp draw, good air flow, low noise, sturdy mounting, etc. out of both of these options. The Caframos may not be as compact as what you are looking for and may all be brushed motors as well. The PC fans are brushless and come in a variety of CFM ratings, sizes, etc. but can be harder to mount/switch and less aesthetically pleasing.

I don't know your use case (camping, cooling back seats while driving, dash-mount for running with no ac, etc.) but that could change what's best by a lot. In my 80 I temporarily mount/clip on a Caframo if needed for passenger comfort while underway. For camping I use a self powered (internal battery) clip on fan which can also run off of USB and is pretty efficient, with decent CFMs. There are tons of these cheap, temporary mount, usb/battery fans out there: Amazon.com : usb battery fan clip on - https://www.amazon.com/s?k=usb+battery+fan+clip+on&ref=nb_sb_noss

Nice finds! Didn't think of PC fans. The Milwaukee Jobsite Fan can be a wee bit clunky... ;) Turns out the E7 fans were purchased from West Marine, but they have nothing like that now. They were small, square housings IIRC, possibly adjustable direction-wise.

Last edited:
These will get the job done. Still--gotta be something out there that can be made to look stock-ish...

Looks stock to me.

1622723736465.jpeg

The 50's solutions were so much more stylistic with their swamp coolers...

1622742696808.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom