Interior Cleanup - 2006 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Decided to take action on the carpet which had irreparable stains.
IMG-1560.JPG

Center console base had rust!!! someone spilled lot of water and stuff seems like. Had to take the base off ...
IMG-1619.JPG
IMG-1654.JPG
IMG-1655.JPG
IMG-1656.JPG

Ok! Thank you so much for this thread! I am thinking of doing this very same thing just for a new look and better smell and the rest of my interior is in pretty good shape. Definitely watching this one!

@MHLC2006 Could/would you compile a list of things to be aware of/watch out for in doing such an extensive interior job?

envious of the OEM carpet. I wish I could have found that.

Wow... very nice!!!
How hard was it to remove the center console portion. My cup holder cover has broken and is no longer attached and I wanted to remove that portion to see if I could have one of the guys build me a 3D printed cup holder that was a bit better.

How much was that new center console?

Wow... very nice!!!
How hard was it to remove the center console portion. My cup holder cover has broken and is no longer attached and I wanted to remove that portion to see if I could have one of the guys build me a 3D printed cup holder that was a bit better.

Not hard at all. Remove the two shifter heads by turning counter-clockwise. Get the car in D or R (bring taller shifter back a bit). Open the ash tray and pull the ash tray up with the lid, while doing so hold the area where the ash tray connects to the console and gently pull up from there (middle I mean), it should pop up. There are no screws holding this down just 4 clips which will come OUT.

I have my old console and cup holder if you are interested, its in very decent shape, lid has few marks on the top but I disassembled and cleaned it and tested for operation etc. Suggest to use a good used one than 3D stuff.

Excellent work? How much time and cost if you dont mind?

Cost depends on what you want to replace. Getting the front and middle seats out is easy. Then door and panel trims, may be center console if you plan to put a new carpet, an hour or 2 may be. Better go slow than to snap a piece you wont be able to find.

New center console makes the truck feel much flesher.

I like the idea of replacing the main carpet and for less than $400 thats a no brainer.

What about the rear cargo carpet?

Great job!

New center console makes the truck feel much flesher.

I like the idea of replacing the main carpet and for less than $400 thats a no brainer.

What about the rear cargo carpet?

Great job!

Rear is in very decent shape already and after a steam clean would be new. But never a harm to keep an eye on a new piece ;) my console base is arriving this week then will start putting thing back in order.

12.jpg

Received this brand new today, my mechanic damaged the old one and snapped the rear arm while unbolting this. Well he had to cover the loss this time!!!

Great write up and pictures. Getting ready to do the same process here and put in new carpet (same color). Did you look at another options other than OEM? If so, which ones? Also, did you find OEM carpet anywhere for less than $940. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom