1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

interesting interior in this one...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by crushers, Jun 28, 2005.

1. crushers

crushers post ho

2. folsom50

folsom50

Media:
  3. Tonito

Tonito

basically:
    only one user/driver, no accident, no scratches, no "dents" (right term?), perfect condition, low taxes (for germany only, its a "camper" -> interior), 100 per cent diff-lockers on front and rear axles, part time 4WD

have a nice day

4. silvercrusher

silvercrusher

5. HZJ60 Guy

HZJ60 Guy Tank Buster

6. lowenbrau

lowenbrau

There's a few rigs there that I'd be willing to work some overtime for, that's for sure. Anybody priced out shipping from Europe lately? I see there's a 45 with a 75 bed listed. Weren't we talking about this a little while ago? I think it looks good from the side but I'd sure like to see some more, and larger pics.

7. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    last time I checked which was ~3 years ago was $800-1000usd. I didn't look all that hard though.

8. Jan-78FJ40

Jan-78FJ40

I think whoever of the importers works this out first, has a goldmine going, until the other's catch up, since people will not have to overcome their fear of the RHD. of course depending on the condition...
    but there is barely a BJ42 that goes under 10k on ebay in the US, and some are in miserable shape...
    Jan

9. Mike S

Mike S

Lowenbrau - low mileage, low price, 1984. A person might buy and import, but the hassle of importing and registering a couple of vehicles might be too much trouble.

M

10. crushers

crushers post ho

okay, take another look, the prices are in euros so just about double the price shown and add $1500 for shipping plus getting the trucks to the dock AND the km on some of the rigs is outlandish for the price...
    now this is just my take on the idea.
    add to that at least a 20% mark up for profit and who is going to pay the price needed to justify tieing up the cash for a few months at a time...
    cheers

11. HZJ60 Guy

HZJ60 Guy Tank Buster

The Euro is 20% more powerful than the dollar.

So a truck costing 10,000 Euros would cost 12,000 US.

WayneO that aint double Mr.. Unless you're talking Canadian dollars... Oops.

:doh:

12. brownbear

brownbear Mod in Hibernation Moderator

I can see only for the mint ones. Most of those have way to high of KM's

also there Would be market for refrubished Troopies with pop tops.

I think there are sill many who rather have a LHD even if its a lessor unit than a mint JDM.

I would love to have a Troopie with a thrid door. HHHmmmm camperized troopie.

13. lowenbrau

lowenbrau

I'm just a buyer (actually not even that at the moment). My money would be tied up in the rig forever and no one would need to make 20 points on it. The rigs I alway look at in Europe are not available as nice, low miles rigs in Japan. They are "bushtaxis" and are often expedition ready in a way that even the most 'camperized' of the JDM rigs are not. I wouldn't suggest that anybody buy a LJ71 from Germany for 5000 euros when he could buy a cherry JDM one landed in Canada for very little more. I would, however, recommend that someone who wants a troopy should buy a German one. It will likley be better equiped, better maintained, and more gently used than any other region I can think of. I would also suggest that a German BJ75 with 250,000km would outlast a JDM LJ71 with 100,000km but it's going to take a while to prove that point. :)

14. crushers

crushers post ho

at todays market
    1 euro = 1.48 CND
    so yes you are right, add 50% and the other fees.
    let's take this one as an example:
    http://eng.autoscout24.com/home/ind...&make=70&model=2056&pricefrom=0&euroto=0&zip=
    10,900 euro + 50% = $16,350 +$400 to get it to the dock + $1500 shipping + docking fees and customs and GST and other $3000 + $1100 from toronto to Calgary by train + $300 OOP =
    $22.650 CND landed in Calgary not counting any repairs needed to pass the OOP or enviro cleaning at the dock if it comes in dirty or penalties if there is ANY contra band inside the vehicle (i.e. depends o the custom agent but even a spare set of tires are contraband with a $2000 charge)
    now i have not do this yet so i could be off a bit but not much.
    so safely say $24,000 for this truck +20% for a profit margin and you are sitting at $28,800 for a 18 year old truck with 265,000 km on it.

so do you think that the first importer will have people knocking down his door to bet their hands on this unit with a 3B in it?

cheers

15. Deny

Deny

I'm sure there is a buyer out there that would, Wayne.
    Look at the price they want for the tubby explorer, insane! :confused:

16. lowenbrau

lowenbrau

$22,000 might be in line for a rig that has 70,000 km less than this

I agree that the margins don't seem to be there for a Western Canadian importer. When the time comes for me to buy my troopy I'm going to fly to europe, drive it around for a few weeks, and then drop it at the dock myself. I'll save the $400 to get it to the dock and have a nice trip to boot. Maybe I'll ship it to Halifax and drive it home via Baja. Oh, I'm dreaming, somebody wake my up.

17. crushers

crushers post ho

i hope you do just that, i could see you putzing around europe and then heading to Mexico.
    if that truck was a HZJ or even the PZJ then it would be more in line but for that kind of money i can pick up a darn fine HZJ77 and convert it...
    cheers

18. Jan-78FJ40

Jan-78FJ40

I guess I was not doing the calculations.
    no, at that price it won't be a goldmine...
    j

19. tlcruiserman

tlcruiserman SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I think I will stick with my current process....let someone else get it to the states title it and all that, and then buy it from them :doh:

Michael