Dealer Interesting 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A vehicle will be considered “new” until it has been registered. This means a dealer can drive a vehicle through the dealership’s license as a promo vehicle or manager’s vehicle and when sold, it’s still considered new because it hasn’t been titled/registered.

“New,” technically, has nothing to due with mileage.

I agree it was never titled, but $72K with 20K miles and last year's model seems a bit rich

They are now down to $70K and showing it as used. Still a bit rich.

Nice interior color, but that's a little silly to hope they'll get that. There's a brand new silver one by me for $70k. been sitting on the lot for months collecting dust. I drool every day as I pass her on the freeway.

I had heard once that dealer vehicles like this were considered "new" up to 15k miles. (at least that what I was told by the bank) Mabye since LCs have such good longevity this is the case or the times have changed and dealers have somehow figured out how to game the system. Or, maybe since people can now get a 10 year loan this is just what it is...

New is New and 20k miles is "used" in my book. Either way NADA/Kelley still has (used) book value around 71k / 72k so they are asking full dealership retail on it. Just a quick search at some online dealerships shows new almost no miles, in the ball park. So you can find, if you look, 2017s for the same price with fewer miles. All depends on the buyer in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom