Interested in best lift opinions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure they have been around long enough, but I'm interested in hearing your opinions on witch lift is best, and why?

Thanks,
Jeff

My brother inlaw has the Revtek lift 3" in the front and 2" in the back thought that was wierd, but it looks good has 20 inch rims and 33 tires, I 'm not lifting mine probably will change the tires and rims..

Mine.... Donahoe/ Total Chaos/ Downey Off-road
33" Mickey Thompson MTZ's
1290fj1.jpg

boxscore said:
Mine.... Donahoe/ Total Chaos/ Downey Off-road
33" Mickey Thompson MTZ's

And steps .... ? :rolleyes:

-B-

Beowulf said:
And steps .... ? :rolleyes:

-B-
They'll be gone as soon as I find some decent rails.... might have to pony up and have some fabricated. The same goes for the bumpers.

boxscore said:
They'll be gone as soon as I find some decent rails.... might have to pony up and have some fabricated. The same goes for the bumpers.

A friend got his salesman to find someone that wanted steps to swap him for rails. Might save you some $$$ if you go that route. I have step-sliders so I can understand if that is the route you have to take.

-B-

Personally I would go with the Old Man Emu lift. They've been making lifts and other high performance off road stuff for Cruisers and Rovers forever and are in my opinion the best out there.

:popcorn:

I'll probably go with the OME kit, when the time comes. I've run the current OME setup on my 80 for several thousand miles of rough baja roads and its performed flawlessly. I like the fact that I can choose the spring rates for the type of load I'm carrying as well.

-H-

Hey boxscore nice setup! What do you think of the MTZ's? Are they loud? I'm interested in how it handles. Thanks.

Broom said:
Hey boxscore nice setup! What do you think of the MTZ's? Are they loud? I'm interested in how it handles. Thanks.
MTZ's are not quiet. The only other MT's I've owned were Goodyear MTR's. They probably are very similar in the "roar" you get from the hwy. They handle fine. Mind you... they are 17's. I'm sure a 15" tire would feel a little more sloppy on the street. I've driven it for a week now... don't notice the noise anymore... you simply get used to it.

boxscore said:
MTZ's are not quiet. The only other MT's I've owned were Goodyear MTR's. They probably are very similar in the "roar" you get from the hwy. They handle fine. Mind you... they are 17's. I'm sure a 15" tire would feel a little more sloppy on the street. I've driven it for a week now... don't notice the noise anymore... you simply get used to it.

Agreed on the "howl". I have the 16" 285/75's and while they're not noisy, they do have a hum that gets progressively louder as speeds rise. By no means annoying though. And the handling feel is similar to stock if not a bit less agressive on the street.

Has anyone tried the Downey kit?

OME only lifts it 2"??? I was hoping for 3".

Where can you get the Toyo M/T's? I have not seen them at any local dealer or on the net. Please help!

jeffxlh said:
Not sure they have been around long enough, but I'm interested in hearing your opinions on witch lift is best, and why?

Thanks,
Jeff

Be cautious of any lift kit that consists of block type spring spacers. Stick with a company that has been offering Left Kits for Land Cruiser in the past, specifically coil sprung cruisers just as 80 & 100 series in USA and other manufactures that make lifts for Prado, KJZ models, LJ models, etc.

The FJ is not offered in OZ, so although you might think OZ made (or assumed in the case of OME) is a good thing, it is only the case if they are selling in other markets (usually asia markets) where this type suspension is used. I will say that Prados are the most popular selling Cruisers in OZ for the last several years.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,

Michael

Last edited:
I have.. OME front/rear coils-OME rear n71 socks and stock front shocks with top plate spacer. 2 1/2" in rear and 3 1/2" up front.
Great offroad/rear is too stiff onroad. New custom made springs for the rear are on order. www.toyteclifts.com helped me put this together.

Last edited:
Wow, that looks good. Great color too. Thanks for the pic.

TisilverFJ said:
I have.. OME front/rear coils-OME rear n71 socks and stock front shocks with top plate spacer. 2 1/2" in rear and 3 1/2" up front.
Great offroad/rear is too stiff onroad. New custom made springs for the rear are on order. www.toyteclifts.com helped me put this together.

do you have anymore pictures of your fj? I think it is one of the best looking ones that i've seen.

Thanks FJ Cruiser #8 and jeffxlh :)

I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. A 3" lift and 33" or 35" tires alone make a big difference in the look of the FJ. No more slideing off of every rock with the bottom of the truck. This forum only lets me post so many pic's. Also not very good with computers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom