Interest thread for OEM style floor mats for the FJ60 and FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to get your feedback and thoughts on this pea brained idea I have. I have a lot of contacts in the automotive industry and wanted to see if we could get a group buy going for OEM style floor mats.

I have a company that can build them in many different colors and could get close the brown and gray, but cannot put the logo on the mats because of Trademark reasons.

Would this community be interested in these mats, do you need the LandCruiser logo on them? Would a general carpeted black mat be OK?

I would have to source someone to stitch the logos on the mats because they are not willing to do this.

Let me know your thoughts, if it's too hard, I am going to abandon the idea and just get a set for myself in black, charcoal or dark grey. It's not going to match our faded carpets.

Interested depending on cost.

Interested depending on cost.

A little more information would be helpful.

Do you want me to try match OEM colors, but won't be perfect match?
Go with black for everyone?
Interested in just floor mats, with our without logo?

The logo is going to depend on quantities. I think just to set up artwork and have them digitize it, just so it can be stitched might cost around $75 to $120. Each stitch job might be $5 to $10 per mat? Also should we just stitch them into the mat or should we shave the area around the logo, which costs extra.

I don't know if I am taking on a job that is going to make me work while everyone is unhappy about the price in the end. Just wanted to get an idea before I start.

I would be interested in high quality, good fitting mats with or without the logo. I would prefer colors as close to OEM as possible.

I would be interested in high quality, good fitting mats with or without the logo. I would prefer colors as close to OEM as possible.

Agree with MACFJ60. I have aftermarket ones that came with mine when I bought it. Getting the fit right is key for me as well as I would only be interested if close to OEM colors. I personally wouldn't want black. Logos would be a nice bonus too for sure.

Hmm, if you can get floor mats made could you also get rubber seals?

I have been hunting high and low for a pair of front quarter vent window seals and they're NLA.

Ironbark

I am using rubber mats from O'Reillys. I cut them to fit. Color doesn't match. They are better than nothing. Cost was about $30. I'd pay more for better fit, or better color match or a logo'd product. The most valuable would be fit, then color. Logo not as important to me. 60's are increasingly being restored, so if you have a good fit, correct colored product that also looks good, there's a market. Not sure how big it is, but SOR can tell you something about the changing purchase pattern for 60 series products.

Mats would be nice. Stick with OEM colors.

What would be even nicer is a quality, premoulded replacement carpet set.

I will get carpet samples and try to match them as close as I can to the OEM colors. If anyone has a brown carpet sample or anything they can send me. I will match it up and send it back and pay for shipping both ways. Or get you a discount on the first couple of sets. Maybe the tailgate carpet piece or if someone has an OEM floor mat?

What about a set of serious rubber floor mats that you see from weather tech. Rubber mats that have big groves and channels that can contain mud and water from muddy boots from hikes and hunting trips. The mats should have sides that ride up on the transmission, the raiser of the seat support and the kick pannel. Thanks jason

Maybe Woody would let you put IH8MUD where the logo should go ... :D

I check the inter net for thick rubber mats from weathertech.com and husky.com. Both site DO NOT any mats for the 60's sierres. DAMM. Any body know ant goog think rubber mats ??????? Jason

uploadfromtaptalk1445149367733.jpg
These fit pretty good but lack the edge of Weathertech

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom