Interest in a new head gasket vid? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i am about to jump into my head gasket replacement and wondering if there is interest in a new head gasket video. I know there is one floating around but it seems like it’s hard to get your hands on and the member isn’t interested in distributing it anymore. Would essentially be a visual of the fsm unless there is some other stuff you all think should be addressed, I have not seen the other video so I do not know what it addresses. Interested to hear you guys ideas on this

i am about to jump into my head gasket replacement and wondering if there is interest in a new head gasket video. I know there is one floating around but it seems like it’s hard to get your hands on and the member isn’t interested in distributing it anymore. Would essentially be a visual of the fsm unless there is some other stuff you all think should be addressed, I have not seen the other video so I do not know what it addresses. Interested to hear you guys ideas on this

Yes...another vid would be excellent. Especially if produced from the "newbie" perspective as Doug's video (which I own) assumes quite a bit of prior knowledge. I would think that if produced with a high level of detail, part number lists, and "while you're in theres/gotchas", you might recoup a decent portion (if not all) of the cost of your rebuild from the sale of said video...again, if it's done comprehensively. If you do it, I'll buy one. :cheers:

This guy makes good vids...would love to see a HG vid like this....

This guy makes good vids...would love to see a HG vid like this....

Yeah, his videos are pretty informative and enjoyable to watch, they make the jobs seem achievable. I also enjoyed this series of videos as well, I like how it’s structired in bite size chunks as well. It’s a little dry but pretty informative.

Starting from the very beginning and including part numbers to order is a really good idea. That’s something that would have overwhelmed me had in not been for @beno and his amazing skill set and help.

About to open this can. A video would be great. Look forward to seeing it.

I wasn't aware that IdahoDoug's video was NLA.

I'd be a buyer for a new one, especially if that's true.

I'm interested! I'll be doing mine whenever I return home from deployment

Any update on this video?

It’s no more at the moment. I encountered some issues and realized that tackling this big of a job for the first time and trying to capture it on film and it not look like ish was causing too much stress and very difficult with no help. That being said, I want to try and get another one done. I’m gonna try and find someone close by that’s doing the HG job and record the job while assisting with my growing knowledge on the subject matter. Located in Amarillo so the number of us 80 owners out here is relatively small, but I’m gonna inquire in our local groups when I am finished with mine. Currently waiting on the head and injectors to be returned, hopefully this week.

IF you do a video....please, please, please....use enough LIGHT and a camera with good auto focus or macro.

It is SO frustrating wasting time watching armature videos where you can't see the part/area or the shot is so grossly out of focus as to be useless. And don't waste everyone's time showing the removal of each and every bolt.

That said, I would certainly buy a well done video and it would be a great service to all 80 owners.

I have Doug's video and it is not bad, but basically provides a few helpful 'tips' not found in the FSM.

I am going to do my HG sometime in the next few months (preventative), but I doubt you'd want to drive to Deep East Texas to document it. ;)

IF you do a video....please, please, please....use enough LIGHT and a camera with good auto focus or macro.

It is SO frustrating wasting time watching armature videos where you can't see the part/area or the shot is so grossly out of focus as to be useless. And don't waste everyone's time showing the removal of each and every bolt.

That said, I would certainly buy a well done video and it would be a great service to all 80 owners.

I have Doug's video and it is not bad, but basically provides a few helpful 'tips' not found in the FSM.

I am going to do my HG sometime in the next few months (preventative), but I doubt you'd want to drive to Deep East Texas to document it. ;)

Precisely why I stopped. It’s very very difficult getting the shot right when you aren behind the camera. I’m with you, if it isn’t done well, it’s just annoying. That’s why I want to jump in with someone else doing it so I can focus on moving light, adjusting camera, and making sure the shot is actually helpful. No sense in wasting time to make something that isn’t helpful. Kinda like workin on the 80...don’t bother if you aren’t going to do it right....wait...No wonder I’m poor now! :bang: I wouldn mind coming that way, the only problem is I’d have to do it twice, at least. Unless there was a head already machined waiting to go back in. Guess we can see what the situation looks like when it comes around. Would really love to get a new vid out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom