Interco's Bias Iroks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking for new tires. My 40 is mainly for trail use but I don’t have a trailer and I do drive to events that are several hours away.

Currently I have 32 TSL radials. These have worked great for me. Does well on the trail and will run on the interstate all day long with no issues.

I’m looking for something around 36”. My 1st thought is just to go to the 36x12.50 TSL radial but I wouldn’t mind trying a bias ply to get that extra flex on the trail. After doing some searching, I read that the IROK bias tires stay round and handle well on the road.

Is anyone running these that can verify this? Opinions would be appreciated.

Hi All:

A buddy of mine ("awp_cruiser") is running the 37 inch IROK radials on his VJ40. These tires have worked out really well for him. Another buddy is currently running the radial TSL 36X12.5R15s (used run the 33X12.5 inch TSL radials) and is happy with 'em.

Personally, I have been very impressed with the 37 inch IROK radials, and have to say they are "awesome" tires!

Regards,

Alan

i run the 36 irok radials. have not noticed less flex or anything. love them. if you drive to the trail and back radials will be better for you

If you have to drive to and from the trail, then you'll want the radials. The 37's work great on the rocks.

I disagree, if you wheel you want a bias tire, the sidewall sacrifice is not worth it.

When i still drove mine on the road and had 37" iroks, they ran great down the road.

I'm running 34" bias intercos, and they are not bad on the road. However, they do wear extremely fast.

I'm running 34" bias intercos, and they are not bad on the road. However, they do wear extremely fast.

Are they the LTBs? My father in-law and brother in-law have em. they said the same thing.

Are they the LTBs? My father in-law and brother in-law have em. they said the same thing.

yes. LTB's. not sure if the tread is especially soft compared to Iroks, but these will probably only last 15K miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom