Intercooler lit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to put a intercooler kit , do you know what company sell it! And if I don’t pull no heavy load do you think I need or maybe I will relocate the transmission cooler do you think it is necessary if I don’t tow heavy load thank!

4B9222DA-99A9-4A43-8CD1-FA9055359558.jpeg

F67A58EC-7B97-40BF-B998-8C9A62613CA1.jpeg

I'd recommend the PDI intercooler kit, they have a good solution for the transmission cooler with the intercooler.

YAY! My chance to really crap all over CXRacing!

DONT BUY CXRACING INTERCOOLER KITS!
I purchased mine from Amazon for $432 USD and was SUPER unimpressed with their product and even more so with their customer support. Their hardware kit made ZERO sense. Their brackets were flimsy, poorly finished and the holes and slots were too big where they shouldn't be and too small where they needed to be larger. Their steel brackets weren't deburred and upon tearing them out of their package they filleted my palm open. They give you some strange through threaded aluminum spacers to use where the bracket should be flush on the frame side...they give you a regular bolt to hold the spacer on that side. The bolts are also too long so you cant thread them down far enough to work.

Then their intercooler itself is poorly finished, I mean a talentless hillbilly with 1 good eye and 7 fingers could have done a better job with a homemade grinder. I tried to work with them and they kept trying to drag out the resolution. I finally realized when they told me they would get back to me the following Monday that my return window closed the Saturday prior! They tried to slime their way into keeping my money after running me around in circles.

I ended up returning it and getting my full refund. Then I purchased a Generic EBAY intercooler for $92 USD and it looks WAY nicer and the construction seems to be on par with the CX racing as far as the bar plate core. The tanks are much better.

So, though I cannot tell you which kit to purchase, I can tell you which kit you shouldn't purchase. That should narrow your search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom