Intake manifold for a Holley Truck Avenger carb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know of an adapter that lets you use the Avenger, if you don't find one, take a look at ebay #261401012536 (already fully baffled for off road use), or if you really want some good gas milage look at ebay #261715893989.

So what advantage do you see in running a Holley over the OEM?

only cause they don't come standard with holleys. all carbs suck, it is their lot in life...

only cause they don't come standard with holleys. all carbs suck, it is their lot in life...
I know, but at least Holley knew how to build a carburetor that would last more than 5 minutes, and everything is available to make them operate properly in crappy off road terrain (steep inclines, declines, and severe bouncing). Cripes, I know I'm going to catch heck on this from the purist.

hehehe. maybe. seems to me it is easier for someone who knows a particular brand of product to stick to that product rather than learn the nuances of a different product...I believe they all behave the same, and anyone who knows the ruling principals of carburation can work across manufacturers lines. my aisin carb, for example, has lasted far longer than 5 minutes. truth be told, I could never get the edlebrock carter copy to work right on my old camaro, whereas the stock carb on my cruiser does just fine; and the edlebrock was brand spankin new, not able to site wear and age as an excuse.,..

Last time I said that swap meets are full of poo poo Edelbrock carburetors I got flamed by a dozen or so guys on Mud, just don't know when to keep my big mouth shut. Yep, all carburetors have a float bowl, and there in lies most of the problem. The problem I have with being soooo old school is that I was alive and well back when your local Toyota Dealer's service department would not rebuild your factory carburetor, they claimed they weren't rebuildable (wouldn't hold a rebuild), and they suffered constant come-backs with the rebuilds , so they then would only sell you a brand new carb.

was that what the TSB said, or the tech at your local dealership? seems a likely story from someone who just might not understand how a carb works. won't hold a rebuild....why? does it just not have the upper body strength?

besides, posting on mud is to be flamed on mud. it makes the skin thicker...

was that what the TSB said, or the tech at your local dealership? seems a likely story from someone who just might not understand how a carb works. won't hold a rebuild....why? does it just not have the upper body strength?
Could have been Toyota mechanic I.Q. ??? I guess there are 2-3 guys here on Mud that have rebuilt OEM carbs with some success (including my bud Mark).

thousand ways to skin a cat; trouble is finding someone who will skin a cat for you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom