intake gaskets: 2vs1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brian

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
so i thought i would be different from all the rest and be able to use just one gasket on a header install.
yeap i thought i was that good, not only once but twice.
so the up side is, i can replace the intake/exhaust gasket from start to finish, in less than hour just taking my time even.
so in review:
kevlar gasket=junk
one felpro, almost but not quite.
two felpros, yeah they got that.

What about remflex ?

So you used 2 intake gaskets? What happened with just the one?

as proven here many times before, it just did not seal.
had an exhaust leak, that i did'nt hear over the sucking vacuum leak, only saw the soot track after it was out.

Hmm, I did not know this was a common issue. Are you saying I should use 2 Felpro gaskets when reassembling my motor? Why not just use 1 OEM gasket?

I doubled up the manifold gasket and still fought a leak. Had my manifolds planed at the machine shop and now it's holding tight with one Fel-Pro. Lots of folks saying good things about Remflex too.
Butt

I always went with the argument that the only purpose of the gasket is to make up for imperfections in being flat; using two is just overkill. Just use lots of copper coat(the liquid) and one fel pro.

I always went with the argument that the only purpose of the gasket is to make up for imperfections in being flat; using two is just overkill. Just use lots of copper coat(the liquid) and one fel pro.

Two is not overkill of the intake and exhaust manifolds are not perfectly in tune.

With a header. It is pretty common.

I am curious about the Remflex ones tho.

2 gaskets is a band-aid.

Fix the real problem and 1 gasket will be sufficient.

True, but if the intake and exhaust manifolds are not exactly the same. It works just fine.

BTW, I cannot find a machine shop in Las Vegas that will mill an intake/exhaust manifold flat.

Sometimes fixing the problem is harder than it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom