Intake/Exhaust manifold mod question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On an FJ60, has anyone ever tried relplacing the four bolts with studs that would accept nuts?

The two top center locations already have them and I was thinking it'd be a lot easier putting the manifolds on this way.

I know the two end bolts are a different sizes(exhaust horns)...anyone know the size of the bolts so that I'd know what kind of studs to buy?

Ya know, Joey and I did this on his rig and it was a PITA compared to using the stock fasteners ... Getting the horns to fit over the studs with so little clearance from the PS pump and the firewall was the trouble...

Just sayin'

:meh:

interested: i twisted off the stud next to the fire wall and finally got it out today. i was thinkin of this myself when i re install the intake and new header... i have read here folks replacing the factory studs/bolts with new seems like a good idea..all studs seem like it would be good havent considered the lack of room though..

Yeah, I hear you on the clearance issue. I managed to get the bolts on without problem AFTER cleaning them and loosening the manifold off of the exhaust flange(duh).

I'm using a Remflex gasket so we'll see how it goes.

Ya know, Joey and I did this on his rig and it was a PITA compared to using the stock fasteners ... Getting the horns to fit over the studs with so little clearance from the PS pump and the firewall was the trouble...

Just sayin'

:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom