Intake Air Temp sensor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Our 94 LC has been out of commission for a while now, money is tight so I haven't been able to get it going. Has anyone had to deal with a faulty intake air temp sensor? It looks like it's part of the volume air flow, so I'm afraid that I may need the entire assembly. Any experience out there with this one? BTW, I have a code of 24.
Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,

I've got a 94 as well, and don't know how to help you with your truck, except to say, "If you need an expensive part, you might check with Cruiser Dan first for New Toyota parts, and some salvage yards for a good replacement parts" Salvage part can save a ton of money sometimes, and used but working great beats broken and can't afford new part so truck's parked!

Good Luck and hope you see happy trails soon,

Bryan

Yes, I'm very thankful for C Dan's help, I've enlisted his services several times already, and I may be giving him another call on Monday for the VAF meter, much to my dismay. Even with the super sweet discount, it's well over a weeks pay for me, so it took a little to save up. I'm also having a difficult time resetting the check engine light. I've removed the 15 amp ecu fuse for several minutes, but every time, the code comes up, even before I start the truck up.
Dan

This seems like an odd problem, I haven't heard of many people needing a new volume air flow meter at all. I'm guessing the problem has been around for a while though, it had been running rough, and I couldn't make heads or tails of it, so we took it to the dealership to have it checked out. The mechanic was baffled at first too, definetly something wrong with the truck, but no malufunction codes. Hmmm, that could be the missing check engine light. I'm guessing that it was cheaper for the po to remove the light than to replace the VAF. Oh well, at least we have a decent back up car.
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom