1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance questions 4x4 club

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Hank, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Hank

Hank SILVER Star

Albums:
    Summary: 4x4 club has stuff, stuff is in crappy trailer, 4x4 club wants new trailer or mobile unit (twinkie van or what ever) so club gets in to discussion on insurance. We have no GL policy, we own no real estate, nor lease or anything. Total of said stuff is less than $20,000. How do we get it insured? Are our principals liable for anything should said trailer or twinkie truck hit a bus load of nuns with children from the orphanage and spread them like mayo on a fat man's sammich? How does this all work? Of course how much but I'm sure there are lots of questions before a dollar amount can be thrown out. We are in WI, we are filed with the state, we bring in money but are not a "for profit" organization.

Any help out there?

2. ATLcrusher

ATLcrusher

How are you organized with the state (what kind of entity)?

3. Hank

Hank SILVER Star

Albums:
    IIRC we are INC.

4. 45Kevin

45Kevin

A home owners' policy may cover the contents of the trailer / twinky van if any harm or loss should come to them. Double check that with your agent though.

5. DSRTRDR

DSRTRDR I can mangle anything ... SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Cruisin' Carolina here on MUD does insurance, you could ask him if you don't want to wake sleeping dogs in WI

6. ATLcrusher

ATLcrusher

How is the trailer registered? I would think if the trailer was registered in the corporation's name that you could also insure it in the corporation's name. But that's just my guess.

7. Hank

Hank SILVER Star

Albums:
    The club does not own a home and no one in the club is willing to put it on their policy. It would be foolish anyway as any loss would have to occur on the homeowners property. This is not where we are worried about a loss.

8. Hank

Hank SILVER Star

Albums:
    Local agencies and brokers are at work here in WI however none seem to have a solution, hence my post. Someone has to be insuring club property with out a GL policy some where.

9. Hank

Hank SILVER Star

Albums:
    There is no trailer yet. It doesn't pay to purchase until we can insure it. It can not be insured in the corporations name since we have nothing. I'm checking on our status with the state today. We filed 10 years ago so things are fuzzy as to how we did it.