Insulation questions... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been told that window tint does a lot to keep a cruiser cool. I just don't like the look of window tinting. (I may change my tone by the end of July). Also, I'd like to quiet it down a little inside.

Any ideas?

(If this is posted somewhere else, let me know and I'll clear this one)

Thanks

Carpeting with sound deadener underneath and Dynamat works wonders. Of course carpet on a nice steel tub can get wet and cause rust. Mines aluminum so it doesn't matter. I have a cruisersolutions carpet kit in mine, it covers the entire wheelwells in the back. Most just cover the floor.

ken_79-fj40 said:
Carpeting with sound deadener underneath and Dynamat works wonders. Of course carpet on a nice steel tub can get wet and cause rust. Mines aluminum so it doesn't matter. I have a cruisersolutions carpet kit in mine, it covers the entire wheelwells in the back. Most just cover the floor.

Hey,
As a side note aluminum will corrode faster than steel, keep an eye on the paint and keep standing water away from any surfaces. Salt? watch even closer. How do I know ?15 years of aircraft maintenence experience and basic chemistry.
Have fun
eric :popcorn:

When applied correctly, rubberized undercoating can do a pretty good job with insulating road noise. Dynamat works well too, but remember you're driving a 40. I hate tint, but in TX Im sure it will help. Just take the doors off and you will have all the coolness you need. The wind will blow through it and keep it at minimum the same temp as the outside.

As for the sound, I Rhino lined the out side as well as the inside of the tub which cut the road noise way down. The other thing I am going to Rhino line this time is under the hood. As for tint, all of your flat glass can be re-cut and tempered in some really nice tint options. The only pieces that could not be done would be the rear corners, and I am sure that could be done for a price. I hate plastic tint as well, but a true tinted glass is very nice. The cost shouldn't be too extreme if you take the glass out and send it to the glass shop.

Otterav said:
Hey,
As a side note aluminum will corrode faster than steel, keep an eye on the paint and keep standing water away from any surfaces. Salt? watch even closer. How do I know ?15 years of aircraft maintenence experience and basic chemistry.
Have fun
eric :popcorn:

I'm not too concerned. I've seen a few real early aluminum tubs that were never even painted that went through new england winters. No corrosion to be found. Mine is painted outside, and sprayed with dupli-color bedliner inside under the carpet. Aqualu tubs are super thick. most of mine is like 1/16- 1/8 thick.

Portal_tek said:
As for the sound, I Rhino lined the out side as well as the inside of the tub which cut the road noise way down. The other thing I am going to Rhino line this time is under the hood. As for tint, all of your flat glass can be re-cut and tempered in some really nice tint options. The only pieces that could not be done would be the rear corners, and I am sure that could be done for a price. I hate plastic tint as well, but a true tinted glass is very nice. The cost shouldn't be too extreme if you take the glass out and send it to the glass shop.

what is the temp rating on that stuff, might not be a bad idea except my hood gets really hot, v8 and all. let me know how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom