Instrument cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to replace my instrument cluster...I've found several that have -50 + 50 AMP meter.
Can't seem to find a -30 +50 meter...would this be a problem if I went with the available one?

Not familiar with a -30 +50 only 30 and 30. When Toyota switch for 30 amp to 50 amp the wiring changed. This is not a plug and play switch. Would require changes in wiring harness. A used instrument cluster would be an easier way.

Look at the back of yours, I think they have a part number stamped on them.
There were several changes over the years. There’s a good thread here somewhere about the changes.
Make sure you get the correct one.

Sometimes the NOS ( New Old Stock) individual gauges pop up on eBay, for example just a fuel gauge or just a temp gauge.

Not familiar with a -30 +50 only 30 and 30. When Toyota switch for 30 amp to 50 amp the wiring changed. This is not a plug and play switch. Would require changes in wiring harness. A used instrument cluster would be an easier way.
Thanks for the answer...my mistake on -30 +50...-30 +30 is correct. You're right...I'll search for used instrument cluster.

While I recognize that it is not for everybody, nor would the purists amongst us approve, but Dakota Digital makes an alternative that looks similar to factory.

10.22.2021.Dakota Digital.1.jpg

Looking at the picture in your Avatar possibly a 72-74 LHD? Is it a FJ45 and HJ45? Obviously not a cruiser imported by Toyota to the US. Guessing South or Central America? By that year range US FJ40s (only 40 series imported by Toyota in that time frame) had emissions. 9/72 the connection for speedometer changed. 9/72-9/73 was a one year only cluster. This is in the US and may not be be the same for all markets.

Looking at the picture in your Avatar possibly a 72-74 LHD? Is it a FJ45 and HJ45? Obviously not a cruiser imported by Toyota to the US. Guessing South or Central America? By that year range US FJ40s (only 40 series imported by Toyota in that time frame) had emissions. 9/72 the connection for speedometer changed. 9/72-9/73 was a one year only cluster. This is in the US and may not be be the same for all markets.
Thanks for that...it's a 75 HJ45 bought in Costa Rica...I may just replace the instrument cluster with a used one of the correct vintage.

Why does it need replacing?
Maybe it could be refurbished by @Jdc1

Thanks for that...it's a 75 HJ45 bought in Costa Rica...I may just replace the instrument cluster with a used one of the correct vintage.

Might be titled as a 75 but I believe it was manufactured in 1974. Wipers would be on the bottom of the windshield, bigger turn signals and doors would be the one piece style for 75. Not sure what this all effects but would want to know I order the correct parts.

Thanks for the compliment, The only thing that we restored on the gauge cluster was the bezel, Dakota Digital did the rest.
Doh! My bad, wrong guy.
@JVZii might be the right guy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom