Instrument Cluster Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My speedometer is a no go....pretty much all is down except for emergency lights. Does anybody know the best thread? I read Pablo's Instrument Cluster thread but wanted to check to see if I missed something else before I pull it. Will check Tech next. Thanks for the advice, Dave

Fuses all good. I got no gas guage or needle movement. I do have 2 of the three little lights will light up. Will be looking for shorts too.

speedo should still work...it's cable operated.:confused: does the vehicle start/charge? is there any corrosion in the big plug that plugs into the cluster? is it plugged in firmly

Thanks for the ideas Ige. Able to crank but haven't taken cluster apart yet. Will bear your suggestions in mind. I suspect you're right in that there's a disconnected cable or something unplugged or not clean to not get a connection. I guess I need to check a sender unit connection to get my gas guage going? I really appreciate everyone's help!! Dave

On speedometer, hook a cordless drill to the cable where it comes out of the trans and see if it registers any speed. Listen for noise in the gauge you should hear a soft whirring noise, no noise the cable is not spinning at the top. Be cautious if you pull the cable to far out the cable will spin, But not be in the back of the gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom