Installing Solid Rock Off-Road rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hola,

I just received a rear bumper from Solid Rock Off-Road but without instructions on how to put it together. I thought I saw a write up here on how to put it on. Does anyone know where that write-up might be? I found the write-up for installing the sliders, which I also just got, so that was helpful. Any pointing in the right the direction would be much appreciated.

:beer: Chad

Post up a few pics, I am sure folks here can help.

Everyone of his bumpers was slightly different. Tell us about it and what you are having issues with. Mine had a single swing out so it was very straight forward. My required me to cut out my rear cross member, which was rusted out anyway so that was a plus. 3 bolts on each side into the frame. Set the swing on the spindle and tighten nut. Yours must have something else.
jambo 1.jpg

Hola,

I just received a rear bumper from Solid Rock Off-Road but without instructions on how to put it together. I thought I saw a write up here on how to put it on. Does anyone know where that write-up might be? I found the write-up for installing the sliders, which I also just got, so that was helpful. Any pointing in the right the direction would be much appreciated.

Hey Ducks, installing it was not too hard really. I did not have a rear hitch receiver incorporated in mine, so I did not cut out/off the rear cross member. I just removed the two rear oem bumper mounts, by grinding off the rivets and beating them out, then drilling the rivet holes out to the same size as the bumper.(or was that the front?) Slid it in and with some manouvering got all the bolts in and tightened down. Then moved on to doing the swing out. If you have side protection, then you will just have some extra bolts to install where it bolts to the frame section underneath. Don't tighten anything down till you have all the bolts lined up.

If you do have to get your cross member out, which is not a bad thing since that bumper is way sturdier than the 20 year old rusted piece anyways, make sure to keep the rear frame spread, but using a hi-lift and some blocks or a bottle jack and a 2X4, so that when you cut it out, the frame does nt squeeze closed and you can't get the bumper to slide in to the frame.

Hope this make some sense.....

Ex

his website says he is CLOSED FOR BUSINESS so guess he called it quits.

that is a nice bumper so I am sure a few here have it as well.... try the search for SROR bumper.

His wife had a stroke but she is doing pretty well now and is going through physical therapy. Here is the thread on that. He built my bumper and sliders before that happened but there were a few snafus in getting them shipped to me. And I have searched. :flipoff2: :)

I'll post pics when I get a chance. Right now I can't see where I mount my license plate. Or how I put the latch together.

I just removed the two rear oem bumper mounts, by grinding off the rivets and beating them out

That's the only work involved and those rivets can be a b*tch but after that it's pretty straight-forward.

Yes, Jim has shut down.

Shucks. I was always holding out for one of his bumpers, now it's on the 'never' list. Ah well--my bumper is dirt compared to the need to take care of family. Here's hoping everything returns to normal for them--

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom