Installing Recovery Points on Already Installed ARB Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I put on my ARB front bumper over a year and half ago and am just now getting to putting some Trail Tailor recovery points on however....I'm sitting here looking at my already installed bumper and don't remember where the nut is for these bolts? Am I gonna have to remove the front face of the bumper to get to these nuts to remove and secure the new recovery points? Or do these bolts go into a tapped hole? Or am I not seeing deez nuts?

They go into an already tapped hole in the frame. You should (or would have) had the original "J" hook style point there (on one side).

Worth noting, to install them with the ARB, you'll need a set of spacers. Jason sells them, though I think he's out right now. I'm waiting on a set myself as I can now move my TT recovery points from the rear to the front.

They go into an already tapped hole in the frame. You should (or would have) had the original "J" hook style point there (on one side).

Worth noting, to install them with the ARB, you'll need a set of spacers. Jason sells them, though I think he's out right now. I'm waiting on a set myself as I can now move my TT recovery points from the rear to the front.
I took the original j hook off because I could fit it with the length of the bolts that came with mine, so I just have what I believe are the factory points. Good to know, I thought for a second this job was going to be a lot longer than I had hoped.

I took the original j hook off because I could fit it with the length of the bolts that came with mine, so I just have what I believe are the factory points. Good to know, I thought for a second this job was going to be a lot longer than I had hoped.

Always fun to see people still building out a 500k mile cruiser, go get em'

Got them installed last night. The factory ones had gotten me unstuck 3x winching out of a mud pit but they were actually too small for my D-ring so I had to just put the hook off the winch on them. Not sure why the ARB bumper doesnt have integrated recovery points in the front, seems easier to get. Every time I've had to use the winch on those points I've had muddy water up to the grille had to stick my whole arm/head under and feel around for it. I didnt need a spacer probably because this is the older ARB bumper and this area seems to be different. 3yr old photo bombed and now he looks like a zombie...
IMG-5236.jpg

Who is Jason? I need the spacers. Thanks

I also need to sort out some spacers for mine into the ARB bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom