Installing poly gas tank

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by rexnyc, Jun 16, 2003.

1. rexnyc

rexnyc

I pulled out my rusting FJ40 tank and am about to install a new poly tank from CCOT. Anybody have any advice that could ensure I do it safely and efficiently? My concerns are air in the fuel uptake, risk of explosion, etc. Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

I don't know if you have already installed it or not, but its easy. Buy CCOT's hose kit, I didn't cost me a day of downtime. I used the felt strips off the old tank on the new one worked fine. I also just used short sections of copper pipe i had lying around to connect the suction and return lines to the stock rubber ones coming up through the floor.

3. brian

brian SILVER Star

i also have a ccot poly tank(in a 77/40).it's totally desmoged, with a weber38. and the only lines i have hooked up is the supply(i forget which fitting it is) and a tank vent that goes back up to the filler neck, all the rest are blocked off at the tank.

it's been in alittle over a yr without any problems.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.