Installing newer 80 leather seats into older 80 with cloth (no power) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did a search and didn't find the answer I was looking for (or didn't use the right key words to find it). What issues are there when installing 80 leather oem seats (front & middle sections only, don't need the rears) into an older 1991 80 truck that came with cloth seats and no power plugs?

From what I can tell, all 80 oem leather front seats are power adjusting. The middle row shouldn't have any problems, unless the brackets are different (I assume the chassis bolt locations are the same). If I recall correctly, I've read in other posts that the seatbelt for the front leather seats are different from the cloth seats, and where the buckle bolts to the floor is also in a different location. Is this true? Are there any other issues to consider when trying to install 80 leather seats into an older 80-series truck?

Has anyone done this sucessfully? If not possible without a lot of modifications (to the brackets/chassis and running the electrical from scratch), are there any other current solutions to having leather seats before I were to consider a local leather shop wrapping my existing cloth seats? I figure finding a used set of 80 leather seats would be more cost-effective than having everything wrapped from scratch. Any suggestions on this?

Any info is appreciated. BTW, from my other 'dilema' thread I created, I've decided to keep my 80 and use it as a spare vehicle. But if I can figure out how or what to do about getting leather seats into my 80 truck, I will make it into more of a primary vehicle and enjoy driving it.

Not sure if this helps, but my entire 80 has leather and no electrical seats. Front, middle, back all leather. Dunno if OEM, an upgrade package or if the PO had them all done in leather.

GL!

I did a search and didn't find the answer I was looking for (or didn't use the right key words to find it). What issues are there when installing 80 leather oem seats (front & middle sections only, don't need the rears) into an older 1991 80 truck that came with cloth seats and no power plugs?

From what I can tell, all 80 oem leather front seats are power adjusting. The middle row shouldn't have any problems, unless the brackets are different (I assume the chassis bolt locations are the same). If I recall correctly, I've read in other posts that the seatbelt for the front leather seats are different from the cloth seats, and where the buckle bolts to the floor is also in a different location. Is this true? Are there any other issues to consider when trying to install 80 leather seats into an older 80-series truck?

Has anyone done this sucessfully? If not possible without a lot of modifications (to the brackets/chassis and running the electrical from scratch), are there any other current solutions to having leather seats before I were to consider a local leather shop wrapping my existing cloth seats? I figure finding a used set of 80 leather seats would be more cost-effective than having everything wrapped from scratch. Any suggestions on this?

Any info is appreciated. BTW, from my other 'dilema' thread I created, I've decided to keep my 80 and use it as a spare vehicle. But if I can figure out how or what to do about getting leather seats into my 80 truck, I will make it into more of a primary vehicle and enjoy driving it.

Some companies such as SOR have leather take-offs available.

My sisters 95 has manual leather seats. AATLAS1X manufactures leather kits for the cloth seats. Just SEARCH for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom