Installing my stock seatbelts onto CCOT seats.......... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So just put in my seats, nice. However, CCOT claims their Bestop seats will work just fine with my stock '78 Toyota seatbelts. They supply two L brackets to anchor to the back lateral rear riser bolt of the front and passenger seat. Problem is that bolt screwed right in to the stock seat lower frame and now it will have to go thru the L bracket and I can't seem to figure out the thread pitch, but seems like an 11mm bolt which is odd. Anyone know what the thread pitch and size should be? Actually a 7/16 X 20 thread pitch will work but is sloppy and I know this needs to anchor tight. Also need to figure out how to mount the seat belt receptacle as the new seats have no bolt hole on the medial side of the seat like the stockers have too. So much for "bolting right up". Also, does anyone know if the Brake light and Fasten Seat belt light on the '78 work on the same bulbs behind the speedo cluster? And how to access that combined light fixture? Thanks!

No one else has done this???

i'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do... what happend to the bolt that used to be in that hole?

if you can show us with pictures what you are trying to do that would help a lot.

The brake light just clips in. I think you can pull it out but it has been a while since I've removed one. If not see if you can reach up under there and squeez the ends and push it out. Not sure what you mean by "work on the same bulbs as the cluster" but there is an independent bulb for each the brake and fasten seat belts light.

Sarge, yeah, even Fastenal can't get those bolts, said they are a manufacturer only part??? I was looking for nuts to match those bolts-don't exist. antFJ I was wondering if the bulbs behind the brake & seat belt light are the same as those behind the speedo cluster??

CCOT reccomends using 7/16th nut and bolt in fine thread. Sending me L brackets that will mount to the rear medial riser bolt anchor of the passenger and driver side seat. Will post up pics soon.

DriverRiserR.JPG
Yes, went with 7/16th 20(fine) pitch nut bolt and lock nuts. Pic is of driver side rear lateral with CCOT L bracket installed to bottom of stock seatbelt retainer.

antFJ pulled out the light bulb and looks good but will try with another known fresh bulb. In case that fails, where is the sensor to activate the brake light? thanks again........
Brake light1.JPG

That Brake warning light has 2 functions.
1. Indicates that the parking brake is pulled. Light goes off when you step on the brake pedal.
2. Indicates when there is no pressure build up in the master brake cylinder.
To make it easy, there are two circuits using one warning light.
Image-31 crop -text.JPG

Rudi

Rudi,

Thanks again my friend-will start diagnosing..............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom