Installing King Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

they should install the same way OME or any other rear spring goes in. unbolt the lower shock bolt and sway bar link on both sides of the axle, with the axle supported at the opposite end you are installing the spring, use a hydraulic jack to lower the side you are working on, far enough to pull the old spring and slot in the new one. switch the jack to the other side and support the side you just finished. be careful not to over extend the soft brake lines.

remount the shocks/sway bar links and torque to spec.

Hey guys - I searched and was unable to find any installation tips specific to King Springs Suspension Standard Rear Springs KTRS-79. Any specific advice or link to something i missed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Be sure to disconnect the differential breather tube and brake brackets. They are both 12mm and can be accessed before raising the vehicle with the spare tire removed.

Thanks for the info. Any tips on figuring out which spring goes on which side? It has been suggested that maybe the instructions with the springs are backwards since these shocks come from Aus.

Yes longer spring on the drivers side. Wait...why are they coming from Australia? I thought King was a US company based out of CA? Am I missing something??

Yes longer spring on the drivers side. Wait...why are they coming from Australia? I thought King was a US company based out of CA? Am I missing something??
King Shocks is based out of the US
King Springs is based out of Aus

Two different companies

King Shocks is based out of the US
King Springs is based out of Aus

Two different companies
Ahh that makes sense thank you for the clarification, I did not realize that

I’m doing my install tomorrow and my springs are the same length. Should I be worried that I was sent the wrong springs?

I’m doing my install tomorrow and my springs are the same length. Should I be worried that I was sent the wrong springs?
No, mine were the same length. AHC does the leveling.

I emailed their reps and they said springs are the same. My springs were also identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom