Installing aftermarket wheels on 100 series, trying to find the correct lug nuts. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. I’ve got a 99 100 series on stock wheels currently. I am upgrading to Analog HD’s from 1552. I really tried to do a search before committing to making a new thread but surprisingly could not come up with much info.

I am looking to purchase black lug nuts to match the black incoming wheels, but am lost as far as what the correct application is. I know I need 14x1.5 Lugs, but do we use the same application as far as the mag washer style on the aftermarket wheels? These are the lugs I am thinking of ordering. Would really appreciate if anyone can confirm if these will work or not, if not, maybe point me in the right direction.

Amazon product ASIN B08QHKGYLP

Thank you!

Also, found these “cone seat” style lugs. Not sure which I need.

Asking the wheel manufacturer is a good idea. I bought some aftermarket rims & tires for my 470 that did not include lug nuts. I pulled some generics of the proper style off the rack at AutoZone. 30 miles later they were loosening and coming off while driving. Seems the nuts weren't engaging enough threads to secure them well. I guess I was in too much of a hurry late at night when I installed them to realize that I didn't have to spin them on very much before wrenching them. Ugh. Completely my fault due to ignorance (I never thought about different lengths, only the style of mating surfaces) and stupidity (my own for missing that detail on install). Luckily I was a block from a tire shop when I noticed the steering was suddenly wonky. They told me what was wrong and bailed me out of my mess very kindly, and for only the cost of new nuts (which was cheaper than what I'd paid at AZ!). 20K miles later and zero problems. I think the correct nuts were about 3/8" longer than the ones I'd originally purchased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom