Installing a lift today! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installing the OME Dakkar lift today with 1" over stock shacles and 33x12.5 Procomp Xterrains. VERY EXCITED!!! Even more excited to get off those beat stock springs!!

Anywho... my question. I have read on a few threads that a specific leaf belongs on a specific side. What are the numbers that will tell you this for the front and rear?

I know the info is on the forum somewhere but, I could not find it.

Thanks!!

The fronts should be the same. For the rears, stand them up on the floor, side by side with the eyes down on the floor. Whichever spring is taller, put on the driver side.

And to add to the post... I also have 1" over stock OME greasable anti-inversion shackels. Shorter ones in the front and longer in the rear?? Right?

Zers (sp?) facing in or out?

dtrain said:
And to add to the post... I also have 1" over stock OME greasable anti-inversion shackels. Shorter ones in the front and longer in the rear?? Right?

bump... trying to get this figured out before the truck goes on the lift.

dtrain said:

I think the shorter ones go in the rear, longer in front. Found that out after I installed them the other way around. Call the vendor you bought them from, or ARB in Seattle to confirm.

OH...and post up a pic when you're done!

lovetoski said:
I think the shorter ones go in the rear, longer in front. Found that out after I installed them the other way around. Call the vendor you bought them from, or ARB in Seattle to confirm.

OH...and post up a pic when you're done!

I am nearly positive that the longer shackles go in the back and shorter in front. That is the way they are stock anyway. It is also how I installed my longer shackles when I installed my HFS lift and the rear still looks too low.

Regarding the grease zirks, I don't think it matters which way they go. I am pretty sure I put mine facing out except for one where the tail pipe was in the way.

zerks out makes it a tad easier to grease.

cruiseroutfit - I bought them used (in really! good condition) from a fellow mudder. I searched for part numbers myself to do some research on them. No numbers on the part at all.. anywhere. I talk to the PO and he said the short went in from and longer in rear.

So, went out to the cruser. Looked at the font and rear stock shackles... sure enough.. at stock legnth, the front shackle is shorter then the rear. So, that made me think he was correct.

Now, another issue may arise... I have Dakkar heavies in the rear and med in the front. the spring pack looks to be taller in the rear.. therefore, I think it may rake the car forward. My thought was to use the shorter shackles for the rear and the longer in front to compensate.

Thoughts?

Any pictures of the springs? OME's & Dakars are very well marked (the springs). As for the shackles, yes the longer of the two is generally in the rear, but every truck sits a bit different. A rear FJ40 Dakar or OME spring is usually easy to pick out, grab some pics.. :D

Thanks for all the great info!! Continuing with the install and no solid decision on what to do yet. Need to take some measurements, drink a :beer: , take measurements, drink more :beer:, etc...

No doubt pics will follow!!

If the springs have model #s on them Or any number like "CSO17RA on one and CS017RB on the other, then these are light load springs:

Number ending in 'RA' Is the Drivers side spring

Number ending in "RB" is the passenger side.

This hold true even if it is a right hand drive rig.

CSOO4RA AND CSOO4RB are medium weight springs, again RA=drivers side, RB= passenger side

I just got this information from the ARB guys in Washington, (state).

Your rig is gonna sit higher in the rear. Those Heavy springs are designed to carry an additional 200#s(+) over stock at all times..I would wager the PO of the springs had a long range tank and a tire carrier rear bumper. I would not go second guessing the shackle placment to "level" out the rig. Call the ARB folks in Washington. They told me that with "medium" load springs the rear would be higher until it was loaded with gear. They said lots of OME buyers got bent out of shape over the rig not being "level".. the system is not designed to sit level empty..it's designed to carry a load and not be sagging while loaded and still handle better than stock..

All this is info I gleamed form the ARB guy.. not my own BS.

Hope it helps

HD

It's also gonna ride like a dumpster with steel wheels until you load up those rear springs...

All of this is true. I have heavies in the rear, and mediums (or what ever) in the front. It has a bit of rake with no load. With my fridge and camp gear, it sits level, just like they intended. I wish I had heavies up front since I want to add a winch and a second battery, but live and learn.

Here I go again..
If you have mediums up front they are meant to handle a bull bar and winch and extra batt.

Light springs can handle the winch and probably a 2nd batt but not the bull bar too , if you'r gonna really hammer it with all the above, the light springs will be loaded out of their design envelope.

but if they are medium they should take a 200 load and not sagg..or so "they" say..

Hell throw a couple bags of dog food, (50# bags) or what ever on the front and go jump some curbs..see how it handles...

I dunno, But I made lots of notes. I have all the OME/dakkar part numbers for a medium 21/2" lift.

(shackles,bushings, pins, etc, etc,

That's what the ARB guy said.

I'm going medium all around with medium valved shocks. Gonna ride terrible until I get it loaded up but what the hey it's not my daily driver..

Doing the home work for a lift in early 06

HD

Yep that's them, but? Can you get a medium/medium kit? meaning mediums front and back?
The ARB guy led me to believe that that was an option?

HD

High Desert said:
Yep that's them, but? Can you get a medium/medium kit? meaning mediums front and back?
The ARB guy led me to believe that that was an option?

HD

Not really...

There are only 3 springs made for the front:
OME 110 (stock/light load)
OME 11 (Heavy Load)
OME 111 (Diesel)
(Of course these have their Dakar numbers)

But you can make a light into a heavy with an extra leaf
OME 110 + OME 110XL = OME 11

3 applications for the rear too...
OME221 (Stock Light)
OME113 (Medium)
OME1131 (Heavy)

But you can make a light into a heavy with an extra leaf
OME113 + OME 113XL = OME1131

Thanks again for all the great info.. I continue to learn more more from you all!

Here we are on the lift just getting ready for the maidne voyage

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom