Installing a Hitch Setup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

For some reason, my truck has the 7-prong outlet, but no actual hitch. Seems like it's just a couple of bolts. Am I missing something? Any recommendations on brand?

Thanks,

JB

Picture?, maybe it is under bumper cover on 06.

Guessing if you have 7 pin, there was one there, did PO remove? I have seen oem for sale in classifieds, may luck out and find one local.

I think you guys are missing the point ... It's not there ... Not sure why, but it's not.

Any recommendations on aftermarket brands? Has anyone installed one of these on your own? Pretty simple? Anything I need to know before I go down this path?

Thanks.

I stuck on a draw tite last year. They are easy to install. Probably took an hour.

I stuck on a draw tite last year. They are easy to install. Probably took an hour.

Seems like it's just a few bolts. Is that right?

Yeah, I think it was 6 if I recall correctly. 3 on each side.

Thanks man. Just like to know what I'm getting into before I try to DIY it.

Hitch is easy. $150 delivered from Amazon - quick install if not rusted. No drilling required. Might need an aftermarket housing for your 7 prong outlet - you can't remount as it is now. There's options on etrailer.com.

Looks like what the other said, 3 on each side. Home Depot, $168

Hitch is easy. $150 delivered from Amazon - quick install if not rusted. No drilling required. Might need an aftermarket housing for your 7 prong outlet - you can't remount as it is now. There's options on etrailer.com.

Thanks for the info on the outlet. Never thought I would have to remount.

Here's the 7 way bracket I used. And here's how I mounted it next to the Draw Tite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom